Many years ago, golf was a sport that was played by the rich and famous, and by those that were predominantly retired. Those are the days of the past and nowadays, golf has become one of the most popular sports to not only play, but also to wager on.
100% up to $1000
50% up to $1000
50% up to $600
75% up to $1000
50% up to $1000
The recent popularity of daily fantasy sports has also played a major factor with increasing the amount of people betting on golf. Whether you are interested in betting on a regular PGA Tour Tournament, the US Open, Masters, European Open or other PGA event, most offshore sportsbooks will provide you with the ability to bet on these events.
Out of all of the sports that are available to bet on, golf betting can absolutely be the most profitable due to the odds, variations of ways to bet on golf and many other factors. That being said, none of those variables matter if you do not have a reliable offshore sportsbook. In this article, we will discuss what you will want to look for, to make sure you have a reliable golf betting offshore sportsbook.
Best Type of Bets in Golf Betting
Betting on golf is one of the most unique sports to bet on because it isn’t as simple as just picking a team that is playing another team. In golf betting, you are picking one golfer that will be competing against nearly 150+ other golfers! This makes it of utmost importance to find a sportsbook that offers more than just straight wagers on golfers.
When you are looking for your offshore sportsbook, be sure to look to determine what type of golf wagers they accept. Some of the most popular forms of golf wagers are as follows:
- Odds Wager – An odds wager in golf is the equivalent of a money line wager in football, baseball or other sport that offer moneyline wagers. With the odds wagers in golf, the golfers are almost always plus odds. Even the main favorites in most tournaments will give you a decent return. Odds can vary with golfers from 2/1 all the way up to 2500/1. The odds really depend on the golfers current form, course history and how their styles matchup with the current golf course.
- Head to Head Wagers – If you enjoy betting golf but don’t like the odds equated with playing one golfer vs. 150+ golfers, then you should make sure your offshore sportsbook offers head to head wagering. With head to head wagering, you are simply betting that one golfer will finish the tournament with a better score than another golfer.
- First Round Leader Bets – Some of the offshore sportsbooks will give odds on who will be the first round leader for each tournament. These odds are usually much smaller than the overall winning golf bet but still offer the ability to cash in on some smaller wagers to build those bankrolls. The first round leader bet winners are determined after the first round is complete and whoever had the best score on the course for that first round.
- Top 5, 10 and 20 Finish Bets – Another wager in golf that has much lower odds but a decent chance to win is Top placement bets. Most offshore sportsbooks will offer Top 5, Top 10 and Top 20 place finish bets but not all. Some sportsbooks simply do not offer these type of wagers.
- Golf Props – You are going to find that betting golf becomes very fun and exciting but when you bring golf props into the equation, it takes the entertainment of golf to a whole different level. With golf props, you can pick how many tournaments certain golfers will win, if golfers will make cuts, how many consecutive cuts golfers can make, etc. These types of golf wagers are odds based so one must be careful what they are wagering on so they do not lose unnecessary money!
- Golf Futures – A decent offshore sportsbook that allows you to bet on golf will offer many options for golf futures. Some of the golf futures that most offshore sportsbooks offer are betting on the US Masters golf betting, the US Open golf betting, predictions on the tour championship and who will be the FedEx Cup Points Leader at the end of the year.
What Types of Golf Limits Do Offshore Sportsbook Have?
When you initially start wagering on golf, you will most likely start small, like most people but over the course of time, your wagers will most likely increase. You will want to make sure you check with the offshore sportsbook to determine what are the limits with golf betting. You will want to make sure that you can place small enough wagers to justify your larger odds bets but also large enough wagers to make it beneficial for those head to head wagers.
What Type of Banking Options Are Available?
One of the first and probably most important things to check prior to choosing a offshore sportsbook for your golf betting, is what type of banking options are available. You will want to make sure that you can not only make a withdrawal but also that you can fund your account and make a deposit.
Most reliable offshore sportsbooks will offer many options to make your deposits such as Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Bank Wires, and now, probably the most popular, Bitcoin. Bitcoin is by far the most secure form of making a deposit and provides you with the safety of anonymity.
Another nice part about using Bitcoin is that many of the offshore sportsbooks will provide you with a bonus for using Bitcoin and many will provide you with lower payout fees for utilizing Bitcoin.