Due to the coronavirus pandemic, a number of sports competitions have been canceled. One of the few events that will still take place despite the outbreak is Cage Warriors 113. The event, however, is going to be held behind closed doors.
- Date: March 20, 2020
- Time: 11 a.m. (Eastern Time)
- Venue: O2, London, United Kingdom
- Where to Watch: CageWarriors.com, UFC Fight Pass
No Spectators in O2
Cage Warriors 113 will take place behind closed doors in the Indigo of the O2 in London, UK. It’s one of only a couple of sports events to be held during the coronavirus shutdown in the United Kingdom. Most other major sports events have been canceled, including the English Premier League.
It’s a similar situation in other parts of the world, the United States included. Speaking of the US, the only major sporting event that’s going to happen next weekend in this country is the UFC Fight Night 171. The event was supposed to take place in London, but as a result of the pandemic, the promotion decided to move it back to America.
UFC Fight Night London Not Happening in London
To fight the coronavirus pandemic, President Donald Trump decided to impose a travel restriction that’s going to halt all flights between Europe and the United States. As a result of the travel ban, the UFC decided to move its next event from the UK to the US.
“The fight can’t obviously continue in London, but it will go on”said UFC president Dana White.
It’s still unclear where the event is going to take place, but according to the UFC president Dana White, most of the planned fights will happen. One fight that’s not going to happen in the United States is Phillips vs Todorovic.
UFC London’s Phillips vs Todorovic Now a Part of Cage Warriors 113
It’s decided that the John Phillips vs Dusko Todorovic fight is going to be held as a part of Cage Warriors 113. The promotion CEO Graham Boylan confirmed that the UFC preliminary fight is added to the card. The fight is going to be one of at least 14 Cage Warriors fights to take place this Friday.
The card will feature three title fights, namely for the vacant interim featherweight title, vacant lightweight title, and flyweight title.
As of Monday 16 March, the list of fights on the Cage Warriors 113 is the following:
- Morgan Charriere vs Darko Banovic (interim featherweight title fight)
- Mason Jones vs Joe McColgan (lightweight title fight)
- Champ Samir Faiddine vs Luke Shanks (flyweight title fight)
- Declan Dalton vs Paddy Pimblett
- David Bear vs Nathan Jones
- Jack Collins vs Aidan Stephen
- Adam Amarasinghe vs Jake Bond
- Steve Aimable vs Perry Goodwin
- Coner Hignett vs Darren O’Gorman
- Matthew Bonner vs Jamie Richardson
- Kris Edwards vs James Hendin
- Kingsley Crawford vs Lewis Monarch
- Cory Tait vs opponent TBA
- John Phillips vs Dusko Todorovic