Michael Cox  |  Wed 5th Dec   | Soccer

Four games were played this Tuesday in the English Premier League. We’ve seen a lot of goals, but we could also say that there weren’t any surprises. Everything went as expected and the outcomes were more less predictable.

Man City defeated Watford with 1-2, at the Vicarage road. It was their seventh win in a row, Throughout the match, the guests and the reigning champs were much better, dictating the tempo and the pace of the play. Ben Foster, the goalkeeper of the Hornets prevented a much bigger loss of this team by brilliantly saving several chances guests had. Still, in the 40th minute, Ryad Mahrez sent one cross to the far post, where he found Leroy Sane who put the ball into the net. It was 0-1. Six minutes into the second half, the Citizens sealed the fate of the hosts. Mahrez was the scorer this time. From some 12 yards, he sent a rocket into the net, deciding this one, and putting his name into the scoresheet once more in the past few games. Everything Watford did until the end of the game was decreasing the lead, but they couldn’t endanger City’s victory. Man City is first, with 41 points, five more than Liverpool and with one game more, while Watford sits at 11th place with 21.

Seagulls Defeat Crystal Palace

Brighton and Hove Albion defeated Crystal Palace with 3-1. The Seagulls were much better, and with three goals in the first half, Chris Hughton boys got another three points. The scorers were fantastic Glenn Murray, Leon Balogun, and Florin Andone. On the other side, Luka Milivojevic was the sole player who netted. It was interesting that Shane Duffy received a red card in the 28th minute, but still, the hosts were excellent and kept on pounding. The Seagulls are 10th with 21 points, while Palace has 12 on the 15th place.

West Ham was equally confident. The Hammers defeated Cardiff City 3-1, and all the goals were provided during the first hour of the play. Antonio scored after a while, and Lucas Perez netted a brace. It is interesting that he replaced injured Arnautovic and instantly hit twice in the 49th and 54th minute. The guy who saved the honor of the visitors was Josh Murphy with a goal in the fifth minute of injury time. The club from Wales also had a penalty, but they didn’t convert him which was the main cause of their loss. After winning twice in a row West Ham is now 12th, while Cardiff stayed 16th with 11 points.

Cherries Win After a Log Time

Bournemouth snapped a four-game losing skid, after defeating Huddersfield with 2-1. The hosts were dominant in this one in the first 30 minutes. Ryan Fraser and Callum Wilson opened the match with one goal apiece, but after half an hour of play they just deflated. The Terriers used that, and decreased the lead, through Terence Kongolo, and until the final whistle, they created pressure on the home team’s defense. However, the Cherries survived. Eddie Howe’s boys are sixth, and Huddersfield is 17th.

Michael Cox