South Carolina Freshman QB Luke Doty Provided Second Half Spark against Missouri.
With the Gamecocks trailing 17-0 heading into halftime at home against Missouri last Saturday, interim head coach Mike Bobo made a switch at the quarterback position from struggling Senior Collin Hill to Freshman Luke Doty. This decision proved successful as Doty showcased his athleticism and passing ability in the second half, running for 60 yards on 11 carries and throwing for 130 yards on 14 completions.
Although the Gamecocks failed to complete the comeback losing 17-10, the addition of Luke Doty into the offense is exactly what the offense needed. Look for Doty to improve on his first college football appearance in South Carolina’s last home game of the season against Georgia utilizing his playmaking ability to move the chains with his feet.
Georgia vs South Carolina Odds
Georgia vs South Carolina Schedule
- Where: Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia, SC
- When: Saturday, November 28, 7:30pm (EST)
- How to Watch: SECN
Georgia vs South Carolina Preview
Georgia Sophomore QB JT Daniels Throws for 400 Yards and 4TDs in Debut Performance.
South Carolina is not the only team in the SEC East with quarterback struggles so far this season. Georgia HC Kirby Smart replaced Junior QB Stetson Bennet last Saturday against Mississippi State with Sophomore JT Daniels.
Similar to Mike Bobo’s decision on Saturday with his Gamecocks, the Georgia quarterback change provided a different dynamic to the Bulldog offense.
In previous games, the Bulldogs struggled to throw the ball with any consistency, opting to focus on giving the ball to RB Zamir White.
With the addition of JT Daniels at QB, Georgia eclipsed the 400-yard passing mark for the first time since the Aaron Murrey day’s in 2013. An impressive statistic and massive confidence booster for the young QB JT Daniels following his transfer from the University of Southern California.
For the Bulldogs to cover -21.5 Saturday night, JT Daniels will need to continue his flawless passing performance at South Carolina.
Georgia vs South Carolina Picks
South Carolina +21.5
Simply put, this is too many points to give South Carolina at home even if it is against #9 ranked Georgia. South Carolina interim HC Mike Bobo is currently in the biggest job interview of his career, hoping to be hired as South Carolina’s official HC for next season and beyond.
A win this Saturday at home against Georgia would give him a resume primed for rehiring. I am not predicting an upset victory for the Gamecocks but this game should be closer than the oddsmakers expect. I believe JT Daniels will face the first struggles of the season during his first away game leading the Bulldogs, and it will be up to how JT and Georgia respond to adversity. My prediction is a win for Georgia but no dice on a Georgia cover.
Other NCAAF Week 13 Picks:
Friday, Nov 27th
- Iowa St at Texas - 12:00pm (EST)
- Nebraska at Iowa - 1:00pm (EST)
- Notre Dame at North Carolina - 3:30pm (EST)
- UCF at South Florida - 3:30pm (EST)
- Stanford at California - 4:30pm (EST)
- Oregon at Oregon St. - 7:30pm (EST)
Saturday, Nov 28th
- Maryland at Indiana - 12:00pm (EST)
- Kentucky at Florida - 12:00pm (EST)
- Texas Tech at Oklahoma St. - 12:00pm (EST)
- Penn St. at Michigan - 12:00pm (EST)
- Louisiana at UL-Monroe - 3:00pm (EST)
- Coastal Carolina at Texas St. - 3:00pm (EST)
- Auburn at Alabama - 3:30pm (EST)
- Northwestern at Michigan St. - 3:30pm (EST)
- Pittsburgh at Clemson - 3:30pm (EST)
- San Jose St. at Boise St. - 4:00pm (EST)
- LSU at Texas A&M - 7:00pm (EST)
- Utah at Washington - 7:30pm (EST)
- Georgia at South Carolina - 7:30pm (EST)
- Arizona at UCLA - 8:00pm (EST)