Ragin’ Cajuns trying to secure bid to Sun Belt championship game.
Louisiana (7-1) faces UL Monroe (0-8) as they continue their trek to the Sun Belt championship game. The Ragin’ Cajuns have won four straight since a loss to Coastal Carolina, a loss they’ll hope to avenge in the coming weeks.
UL Monroe, on the other hand, has lost eight straight. Each of their last four games have been decided by 18 points or more.
Who will take this conference showdown?
Louisiana vs UL-Monroe Odds
Louisiana vs UL-Monroe Schedule
- Where: JPS Field at James L. Malone Stadium in Monroe, LA
- When: Saturday, November 28, 3:00pm (EST)
- How to Watch: ESP3
Louisiana vs UL-Monroe Preview
Louisiana Playing Without Their Head Coach
The Ragin’ Cajuns have the conference’s fifth best offensive unit, scoring 30.6 points a game. Led by the league’s second leading passer in Levi Lewis, the offense has been able to score 27 points or more in four of their last five contests.
While the passing game has been productive, the run game has been even better. Louisiana ranks fourth in the league in rushing, averaging 201 yards a game. The Ragin’ Cajuns have two of the conference’s top eight rushers in tailbacks Elijah Mitchell and Trey Ragas.
On defense, Louisiana has allowed just 22.1 points a contest, good for the third best mark in the Sun Belt. The pass defense has been especially good, but they’ll face a ULM passing attack that ranks third in the league.
Warhawks Seeking First Win of the Year
UL Monroe has been solid throwing the ball, averaging 244 yards a contest. Unfortunately, the run game has been non-existent, ranking dead last in the conference at just 66 yards a game.
The offense has struggled to score points, averaging just 16 points a game. And with the offense not being able to run the ball and keep the chains moving, the defense has been forced to stay on the field for long stints.
That defense ranks dead last in scoring (37 pt/g) and run defense (258.9 yd/g), which doesn’t bode well when facing a powerful Ragin’ Cajun run game.
Louisiana vs UL-Monroe Picks
Against the Spread
The spread in the matchup is 28.5 points in favor of the Ragin’ Cajuns. The Louisiana offense should be able to move the ball successfully on the ground, which will open up big play opportunities in the passing game.
Louisiana’s pass defense will be the key. If they’re able to stop the ULM attack, it should prevent the Warhawk offense from doing too much. If not, it could be a back and forth affair.
We’re expecting the Ragin’ Cajuns to rise to the task.
The total is set for 54. Three of Louisiana’s last four games have fallen under that total. The same can be said for ULM. We expect the Ragin’ Cajun defense to lock down the Warhawk offense, and control the clock with their run game.
Louisiana 35, UL Monroe 10
Other NCAAF Week 13 Picks:
Friday, Nov 27th
- Iowa St at Texas - 12:00pm (EST)
- Nebraska at Iowa - 1:00pm (EST)
- Notre Dame at North Carolina - 3:30pm (EST)
- UCF at South Florida - 3:30pm (EST)
- Stanford at California - 4:30pm (EST)
- Oregon at Oregon St. - 7:30pm (EST)
Saturday, Nov 28th
- Maryland at Indiana - 12:00pm (EST)
- Kentucky at Florida - 12:00pm (EST)
- Texas Tech at Oklahoma St. - 12:00pm (EST)
- Penn St. at Michigan - 12:00pm (EST)
- Louisiana at UL-Monroe - 3:00pm (EST)
- Coastal Carolina at Texas St. - 3:00pm (EST)
- Auburn at Alabama - 3:30pm (EST)
- Northwestern at Michigan St. - 3:30pm (EST)
- Pittsburgh at Clemson - 3:30pm (EST)
- San Jose St. at Boise St. - 4:00pm (EST)
- LSU at Texas A&M - 7:00pm (EST)
- Utah at Washington - 7:30pm (EST)
- Georgia at South Carolina - 7:30pm (EST)
- Arizona at UCLA - 8:00pm (EST)