- Apex Centre will host last card in October.
- 14 fights scheduled to take place on Prelims and Main Card.
- Top five middleweight showdown between Paulo Costa and Marvin Vettori to headline.
The Apex Centre in Las Vegas is once against set to host another jam-packed UFC Fight Night card.
This Saturday will see 14 fights take place across the event’s Prelims and Main Card.
The exciting card is set to showcase an enthralling Main Card, with notable matchups including veteran Francisco Trinaldo looking to claim the 27th win of his professional career when he takes on rising contender Dwight Grant.
Elsewhere, lightweight sensation Grant Dawson will be trying to extend his impressive five-fight win streak and force his way into the division’s top 15 rankings with a win over Rick Glenn in the co-main event.
The day’s action will be capped off with a top-five middleweight clash between former title challengers Paulo Costa and Marvin Vettori.
With both fighters having last fought and come up short against champion Israel Adesanya, the outcome of Saturday’s main event will likely determine which fighter remains in title contention.
Latest from UFC Fight Night: Costa vs. Vettori
- Costa’s Odds Move in Surprise Direction Despite Missing Weight
- UFC: Late Fight Night Drama as Costa Confirms He Cannot Make Middleweight
- UFC: Costa vs. Vettori Best Prop Bet Picks
How to Watch UFC Fight Night: Costa vs. Vettori
- Location: Apex Centre, Las Vegas, USA
- Date and Time: October 23, 2021 at 6 p.m ET
- Channel: UFC Fight Pass and ESPN+
UFC Fight Night: Costa vs. Vettori – Full Schedule
- Bantamweight: Aaron Phillips (12-4) vs. Jonathan Martinez (13-4)
- Women’s Strawweight: Livia Renata Souza (14-3) vs. Randa Markos (10-12)
- Flyweight: Jeff Molina (9-2) vs. Daniel Lacerda (11-1)
- Lightweight: Khama Worthy (16-8) vs. Jai Herbert (10-3)
- Middleweight: Jamie Pickett (11-6) vs. Laureano Staropoli (9-4)
- Women’s Strawweight: Tabatha Ricci (5-1) vs. Maria Oliveira (12-4)
- Lightweight: Alan Patrick (15-3) vs. Mason Jones (10-1)
- Middleweight: Park Jun-yong (13-4) vs. Gregory Rodrigues (10-3)
- Light Heavyweight: Nicolae Negumereanu (10-1) vs. Ike Villanueva (18-12)
- Welterweight: Francisco Trinaldo (26-8) vs. Dwight Grant (11-3)
- Featherweight: Alex Caceres (18-12) vs. Choi Seung-Woo (10-3)
- Women’s Bantamweight: Jessica-Rose Clark (10-6) vs. Joselyne Edwards (10-3)
- Lightweight: Grant Dawson (17-1) vs. Rick Glenn (22-6)
- Middleweight: Paulo Costa (13-1) vs. Marvin Vettori (17-5)
Main Card Vegas Odds
Main Event: Costa vs. Vettori Preview
Saturday’s main event at the Apex Centre will have huge implications in the landscape of the promotion’s middleweight division.
With both Costa and Vettori having previously challenged champion Israel Adesanya, the winner of this weekend’s headline loser is certain to fall even further out of title contention.
Although both fighters are worthy of their current top-five status, both men display very different fighting styles and while Costa is arguably the superior striker, his Italian counterpart often finds a way to neutralize his opponent’s biggest threat.
Having not fought since his title challenge over 12-months ago, Costa’s inactivity could end up being a major factor in Saturday’s main event.
Although a very tough outcome to predict, given the fact this weekend will be Vettori’s third fight of 2021, as well as his ability to turn striking contests in grounded dog fights, I am leaning narrowly towards a decision victory.
Tale of the Tape
|Fighter||Paulo Costa||Marvin Vettori|
|Weight||185 lb||185 lb|
|Last Fight||UFC 253 – Sept 26, 2021||UFC 263 – Jun 12, 2021|
|Last Opponent||(c) Israel Adesanya (lost via knockout)||(c) Israel Adesanya (lost via decision)|
|Wins by Knockout||11||2|
|Wins by Submission||1||9|
|Wins by Decision||1||6|
Prediction: Marvin Vettori to win via decision.