- UFC Fight Night back at Apex Centre.
- Several fights scheduled for Prelims and Main Card.
- Strawweights Mackenzie Dern and Marina Rodriguez set to headline.
The UFC will return this Saturday afternoon at the promotion’s state-of-the-art Apex Centre.
Despite slightly fewer bouts than usual scheduled to take place, there should still be plenty of intrigue from fight fans all around the world.
Jujutsu ace and women’s strawweight contender Mackenzie Dern is headlining her first-ever event and will be looking to extend her impressive record to 12 wins and just one defeat – but she’ll have to find a way past Marina Rodriguez first.
Elsewhere, hard-hitters Randy Brown and Jared Gooden are set to co-main with other notable matchups including Sabina Mazo taking on Mariya Agapova and bantamweight Chris Gutierrez and Felipe Colares squaring off in the feature Prelim.
How to Watch UFC Fight Night: Dern vs. Rodriguez
- Location: UFC Apex Centre, Las Vegas, USA
- Date and Time: October 9, 2021 at 1pm E.T
- Channel: UFC Fight Pass and ESPN+
UFC Fight Night: Dern vs. Rodriguez – Full Schedule
- Lightweight: Steve Garcia (11-4) vs. Charlie Ontiveros (11-7)
- Women’s Strawweight: Lupita Godinez (5-1) vs. Silvana Gomez Juarez (10-2)
- Featherweight: Charles Rosa (14-5) vs. Damon Jackson (18-4)
- Heavyweight: Alexandr Romanov (14-0) vs. Jared Vanderaa (12-5)
- Bantamweight: Chris Gutierrez (16-3) vs. Felipe Colares (10-2)
- Women’s Flyweight: Sabina Mazo (9-2) vs. Mariya Agapova (9-2)
- Flyweight: Tim Elliott (18-11) vs. Matheus Nicolau (16-3)
- Welterweight: Randy Brown (13-4) vs. Jared Gooden (18-6)
- Women’s Strawweight: Mackenzie Dern (11-1) vs. Marina Rodriguez (14-1)
Sabina Mazo vs. Mariya Agapova
Known for her toughness, Mazo is a hard fighter to finish off.
I expect Agapova to put up a good fight but suspect the ‘Columbian Queen’ to be too skilled in the striking department.
Prediction: Sabina Mazo to win via decision.
|Sabina Mazo vs. Mariya Agapova Popular Markets||Odds|
|Sabina Mazo to win outright||-175|
|Mariya Agapova to win outright||+150|
Tim Elliott vs. Matheus Nicolau
This one should definitely be fun!
With 18 professional finishes between them, I would be surprised to see this go all three rounds.
Better skilled on the ground – I am going to tip Nicolau to bag the submission win.
Prediction: Matheus Nicolau to win via submission.
|Tim Elliott vs. Matheus Nicolau Popular Markets||Odds|
|Tim Elliott to win outright||+165|
|Matheus Nicolau to win outright||-190|
Randy Brown vs. Jared Gooden
This one is my underdog pick.
Brown will come into Saturday’s bout as the red hot favorite, however, do not write Gooden off. He is more experienced and is coming in off the back of a brutal first-round knockout win.
It’s possible fight fans will see a finish in this one, but do not be surprised to see it go the distance in what has the potential to be a ‘Fight of the Night’ contender.
Prediction: Jared Gooden to win via decision.
|Randy Brown vs. Jared Gooden Popular Markets||Odds|
|Randy Brown to win outright||+205|
|Jared Gooden to win outright||-240|
Mackenzie Dern vs. Marina Rodriguez
Saturday’s main event will see the excellently skilled Dern make her headlining debut.
I struggle to see many paths to victory for Rodriguez – I anticipate Dern’s ground game to be too much for her opponent to handle.
Expect an early ending in this one, folks.
Prediction: Mackenzie Dern to win via submission.
|Mackenzie Dern vs. Marina Rodriguez Popular Markets||Odds|
|Mackenzie Dern to win outright||-190|
|Marina Rodriguez to win outright||+165|