- UFC Fight Night Hall vs. Strickland set to showcase 13 bouts across Prelims and Main-Card.
- Middleweight showdown between Uriah Hall and Sean Strickland set to headline.
- Bantamweight ground specalists Kang Kyung-ho and Rani Yahya will meet in co-main event.
Following last weekend’s exciting fight card which saw former bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw make his long-awaited return from a two-year drugs suspension, fight fans have barely any time to catch their breath ahead of this weekend’s next Fight Night.
The UFC’s state-of-the-art Apex Centre will once again be called into action when middleweights Uriah Hall and Sean Strickland go head-to-head in the event’s headliner.
Other notable matchups include welterweight banger Bryan Barberena taking on Jason Witt and ground specialists Kang Kyung-ho and Rani Yahya competing in the co-main event.
Below is the event’s full schedule including all of VegasOdds’ main-card picks.
UFC Fight Night: Hall vs. Strickland – Full Schedule
- Welterweight: Phillip Rowe (7-3) vs. Orion Cosce (7-0)
- Bantamweight: Ronnie Lawrence (7-1) vs. Trevin Jones (13-6)
- Women’s Strawweight: Jinh Yu Frey (10-6) vs. Ashley Yodder (8-7)
- Featherweight: Danny Chavez (11-4) vs. Kai Kamaka (8-4)
- Lightweight: Chris Gruetzemacher (14-4) vs. Rafa Garcia (12-1)
- Featherweight: Colin Anglin (8-1) vs. Melsik Baghdasaryan (5-1)
- Women’s Bantamweight: Nicco Montano (5-3) vs. Yanan Wu (11-4)
- Welterweight: Bryan Barberena (15-7) vs. Jason Witt (18-7)
- Flyweight: Ryan Benoit (10-7) vs. Zarrukh Adashev (3-3)
- Welterweight: Niklas Stolze (12-4) vs. Jared Gooden (17-6)
- Women’s Strawweight: Cheyanne Buys (5-2) vs. Gloria de Paula (5-3)
- Bantamweight: Kang Kyung-ho (17-8) vs. Rani Yahya (27-10)
- Middleweight: Uriah Hall (18-9) vs. Sean Strickland (23-3)
Bryan Barberena vs. Jason Witt
Saturday’s main-card opener has the potential to steal ‘Fight of the Night’.
Known for his ‘do-or-die’ attitude, welterweight Bryan Barberena, who is taking on Jason Witt, could be set to secure his 11th knockout career win.
Prediction: Bryan Barberena to win via knockout.
|Bryan Barberena to win outright||-275|
|Jason Witt to win outright||+235|
|Bryan Barberena to win via KO, TKO, or DQ||+150|
Ryan Beniot vs. Zarrukh Adashev
Following back-to-back losses for both of these men, Saturday night’s outcome will likely prove decisive in either fighter’s long-term UFC future.
Suffering four consecutive decision losses between them, Beniot and his opponent Adashev will both want to avoid leaving this one up to the judges.
Prediction: Ryan Benoit to win via knockout.
|Ryan Benoit to win outright||-138|
|Zarrukh Adashev to win outright||+118|
Niklas Stolze vs. Jared Gooden
Making just his second appearance in the UFC, Niklas Stolze, will be hoping to right the wrongs of his debut bout against Ramazan Emeev last summer.
However, coming up against a notoriously resilient Jared Gooden, bagging his 13th career win will not be an easy task.
After narrowly losing his last two fights via decision, although a tough fight to call, I am leaning towards a Gooden win this time around.
Prediction: Jared Gooden to win via decision.
|Niklas Stolze to win outright||-200|
|Jared Gooden to win outright||+170|
Cheyanne Buys vs. Gloria de Paula
After both making their name on Dana White’s Contender Series and then going on to lose their UFC debut fights, similarly to Beniot’s bout against Adashev, Saturday night’s main-card could have huge implications in the careers of Cheyanne Buys and Gloria de Paula.
With virtually identical records, this all-female strawweight bout is ridiculously tough to call, but looking at the fighter with the slightly superior resume, I am going to tip Buys for the win – but it’ll be close.
Prediction: Cheyanne Buys to win via decision.
|Cheyanne Buys to win outright||-159|
|Gloria de Paula to win outright||+139|
Kang Kyung-ho vs. Rani Yahya
I expect this one to be won and lost on the ground.
With a stunning 32 submission wins between them, it is virtually inevitable that both these highly-skilled bantamweights will be looking to make it 33.
However, with both grappler’s groundwork undeniably good, I fully expect each fighter to cancel one another out with Yahya narrowly edging the judge’s scorecards.
Prediction: Rani Yahya to win via decision.
|Kang Kyung-ho to win outright||-130|
|Kang Kyung-ho to win via submission||+1600|
|Rani Yahya to win outright||+110|
|Rani Yahya to win via decision||+450|
|Fight to go the distance – YES||-120|
Uriah Hall vs. Sean Strickland
Don’t blink in this one folks.
Hard hitters Uriah Hall and Sean Strickland will compete in a five-round main-event, although I do not expect all 25-minutes to be needed.
Currently, on an impressive four-fight win streak, my tip is for Strickland to make it five on Saturday.
Prediction: Sean Strickland to win via knockout.
|Uriah Hall to win outright||+175|
|Sean Strickland to win outright||-210|