Barstool Sportsbook Sportsbook Review
- Official website: BarstoolSportsbook.com
- Min. Deposit to Qualify Bonus: $10
- Payments Accepted: Visa, Mastercard, Discover. (Only Debit Cards for Tennessee and Iowa)
Many sports betting operators have been trying to find ways of capitalizing on the sports betting explosion in the United States. Across various states, players can now find sports betting sites of all kinds, but not many come even close to what Barstool Sportsbook has been able to pull off in the short time it has been operating as a sportsbook. If its popularity and overall reputation are anything to go by, then there is much more to come from the Barstool.
Current states accepted as of this review:
- New Jersey
- West Virginia
- Live Betting
- Mobile App
- Sign Up Bonus
- Good Offers
History & Background
Things officially kicked off for the Barstool Sports brand way back in 2003 and since then it has managed to build a pretty strong following in North America. The brand’s huge following has been one of the best things about its presence and it is something that the company is always working towards improving. That said, it was not surprising when it followed in the footsteps of other popular sports brands by moving forward with plans to become a part of the sports betting sector.
Barstool Sports’ sportsbook had been rumored for quite some time before it officially made its debut in the Pennsylvanian market back in September 2020. The Keystone State already had a lot going for it in the sports betting sector and thus the entry of a new player into that space was more than welcome. Bettors not only had more options to choose from as far as sports betting is concerned but they could also tap into the operator’s new offerings.
Pennsylvania aside, Barstool Sportsbook also has its sights set on several other markets across the United States. Michigan is one of those markets – sports bettors in the state can already enjoy the operator’s service through the polished and feature-packed app. A nationwide rollout is currently one of the brand’s biggest priorities right alongside its efforts to improve its existing offers.
Since the Barstool Sportsbook brand is part-owned by Penn National Gaming, one of the fiercest gaming brands in the world, further expansion should not be much of an issue going forward. Leveraging each other’s strong brand names and nationwide presence will certainly yield pretty impressive results.
When it comes to rewarding schemes, Barstool Sportsbook had to bring its A-game something that is to be expected especially if the operator hopes to survive in the incredibly competitive world of sports betting. Its welcome bonus is pretty impressive and this is accompanied by a solid selection of ongoing promotions to keep the action going.
The Welcome Bonus
Barstool Sportsbook does a pretty good job when it comes to offering newbies an impressive package to kick off the betting adventures. It all starts with a $10 no-deposit bonus that every customer receives immediately after signing up with the online sportsbook. This amount is subject to a rollover requirement of 1x which means that the players must wager the full $10. It is also worth noting that to turn this into cash, players have to deposit and wager at least $10.
Aside from the no deposit bonus, Barstool takes things a notch higher by offering its new customers a 100 percent Risk-Free Bet up to a whopping $1,000. What this means is that for their first bets on the site, new users will get paid as normal if they win the bet. On the flip side, if their first bet loses, the new customers will get a ret a refund with bonus cash that is equal to the size of their original wager. The maximum amount for this refund is $1,000. For winners, it is important to note that there is a requirement for withdrawing the cash – that is, bonus funds and associated winnings have to be wagered once at odds of -200 or greater before they can be withdrawn.
Other than the welcome bonuses, Barstool Sportsbook also offers its customers a decent number of ongoing promotions to keep the fun going. New ones are always being added to the site depending on the time of the year or different sports seasons. As of this writing, some of the notable promotions that players can access on the site include:
- 4 For 1. – This is an opt-in promotion that requires players to deposit $100 and place four $25 single CASH ONLY “NCAAB Championship 2020/2021 Winner” futures bets before 2:40 PM ET on 3/27. Each of those bets then receives 4 times boost to a $100 bet value. As such, if any of the bets wins, the players will get a cash payout on the original stake in addition to a sportsbook cash payout equal to 3x the cash payout.
- Round of 16 Parlay Insurance. – Opt-in and place a CASH ONLY wager on any 4+ leg parlay that includes any games in the round of 16 of the NCAAB men’s championship tournament. If only 1 OR 2 legs miss, get 100% of your stake back up to $50 in sportsbook bonus cash.
- Men’s Splash Sats. – Opt in & place a $50+ single CASH pre-live, moneyline bet on any NCAAB Men’s Championship Tournament game played on Saturdays, and if the team you bet on loses, get $3 in sportsbook bonus cash back for EVERY THREE-POINTER made by that team during the game.
- Overs Mania. – Here, all you need to do is to place single, pre-live bets on the OVER on any NCAAM, NCAAW, or NBA basketball games. If any OVER bet settles as a PUSH or settles as a LOSS, but the total points scored is within 1 point of the total over the player’s bet, Barstool Sportsbook will re-grade that as a WIN.
- $30K Tournament Survival. – Here, the players who survive the tournament will receive a share of the $30,000. They can opt-in and start by placing a $25+ CASH ONLY moneyline wager on up to 4 Men’s CBB teams playing in the first round and if one of their teams wins, you will move onto the second round until the championship.
- Buzzer Beater. – For any cash wager that players place on any individual “Buzzer Beaters” O/U bet and this bet is OVER and it hits, they get a sportsbook bonus cash multiplier on your original cash bet based on the number of “buzzer beaters” made BEYOND the O/U total.
- #BetOnGirls. – Opt-in and place a CASH ONLY wager on any “#BetOnGirls” and if the bet(s) loses, players get back 100% of the stake up to $5 in sportsbook bonus cash. Players may place cash-only wagers on any “#BetOnGirls” bet EVERY DAY during the duration of the promotion.
- Barstool Power Hour. – This lets the sportsbook’s customers enjoy bettor-friendly discounts on standard odds across selected matchups every weekday evening from 5 PM-6 PM EST/4 PM -5 PM CST.
On tournament central, fans of the NCAAB tournament will be able to access all of the related promotions. There are not only promotions running throughout the entire duration of the tournaments but also some impressive round-by-round offers for players to take advantage of.
Barstool Sportsbook also rewards its most loyal customers by letting them tap into its amazing loyalty program where they get to earn mychoice® tier points and mycash on all of their bets regardless of whether they are betting online or at a retail venue.
As if all the aforementioned rewards are not enough, Barstool Sportsbook takes things a notch higher by rewarding its users with a $5 sportsbook bonus for simply customizing their profiles by updating the “Betting Favorites” section in their account preferences.
One of the things that define great online sports betting experiences is the availability of banking options that are not only reliable but also fast and secure. Barstool Sportsbook made sure to integrate nothing short of the most popular options for its customers to use and it did this without compromising on speed, safety, and reliability.
The take below breaks down all of the payment details that every Barstool Sports will want to know:
|Deposits||Apple Pay, Debit Cards, Credit Cards, PayNearME, Wire Transfer PayPal, AHC, e-Check|
|Withdrawals||AHC, e-Check, PayPal, Check, Online Banking|
Barstool Sports is a North American sports brand at heart something that is pretty easy to see from its robust selection of betting markets. All of the major sporting activities in the region are covered and so are a notable number of international sports activities. These include:
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Table Tennis
- Australian Rules
In addition to all of the aforementioned sports markets, Barstool Sportsbook takes things a notch higher with amazing exclusives. With such offers as Odds Boosts players have the chance to dive deeper into a more deliberately customized experience that they will not find anywhere else.
Sports betting has evolved a lot over the years and this is reflected not just in the number of sports that people can bet on but also in the number of bet types available. Here are the types of bets that you will find on Barstool Sportsbook:
- Standard Bets
- Custom Parlays
- Round Robin
As mentioned earlier, Barstool Sportsbook is a new entrant into sports betting. Still, despite being barely a year old in the industry, the company has managed to shake up the sports betting sectors in the states where it operates in. For now, only sports bettors in Pennsylvania and Michigan can enjoy what the site has to offer. There are, thankfully, very ambitious plans for further expansion across North America and we are excited to see how that eventually pans out.
Commitment to Responsible Gambling
Responsible gambling is such a huge deal across the world and it is always nice to see companies like Barstool Sports taking the initiative to promote it. The operator wants its users to have as much fun as they can but within reasonable limits to reduce cases of gambling-related harm which have been quite rampant as sports betting continues to grow in popularity across the United States.
The site has a robust set of policies based on the policies and guidelines outlined by the American Gaming Association’s Code of Conduct for Responsible Gambling. Players can thus rest assured that the company always has their best interests at heart even though it is still a business that needs to make money. The main areas that Barstool addresses are problem gambling, underage gambling, as well as responsible marketing and advertising practices.
Barstool Sportsbook takes customer support very seriously something that has certainly contributed to the success that it is enjoying as one of the most promising sports betting brands in North America. Bettors who choose to go with the site are assured of receiving the necessary assistance in a timely fashion thanks to the presence of three solid support channels. These are:
- Telephone: Yes (Callback)
- Live Chat
In addition to these channels, the site also has a pretty detailed help page that highlights most of the common issues that customers might come across while using the site. Any issues customers are facing are thus likely to be sorted out in no more than a few minutes or even less so that they can get back to betting on their favorite sports.
Cons: Areas of improvement
- Limited data for in-play betting