MLB Playoffs: ALCS and NLCS Preview and Prediction
- The MLB’s conference finals have been determined after several upsets!
- The Houston Astros will take on the Texas Rangers in this season’s ALCS.
- In the NLCS, the Philadelphia Phillies will face the Arizona Diamondbacks.
The MLB conference finals feature two matchups between teams that are meeting for the very first time in the postseason. The stakes will be huge, with a conference pennant and World Series berth on the line.
ALCS Schedule (on FOX/FS1)
- Oct 15 – Rangers at Astros – 8:15 p.m. ET
- Oct 16 – Rangers at Astros – 4:37 p.m. ET
- Oct 18 – Astros at Rangers – 8:03 p.m. ET
- Oct 19 – Astros at Rangers – 8:03 p.m. ET
- Oct 20 – Astros at Rangers – 7:07 p.m. ET
- Oct 22 – Rangers at Astros – 8:03 p.m. ET
- Oct 23 – Rangers at Astros – 8:03 p.m. ET
NLCS Schedule (on TBS)
- Oct 16 – Diamondbacks at Phillies – 8:07 p.m. ET
- Oct 17 – Diamondbacks at Phillies – 8:07 p.m. ET
- Oct 19 – Phillies at Diamondbacks – 7:07 p.m. ET
- Oct 20 – Phillies at Diamondbacks – 8:07 p.m. ET
- Oct 21 – Phillies at Diamondbacks – 8:07 p.m. ET
- Oct 23 – Diamondbacks at Phillies – 7:07 p.m. ET
- Oct 24 – Diamondbacks at Phillies – 8:07 p.m. ET
The Rangers dominated the AL East in the playoffs so far. After going 2-0 in Tampa Bay in the first round, Texas swept the 101-win Orioles 3-0. Their 5-0 record in the postseason shows the Rangers are an intimidating force, especially on offense.
Houston is the only team that didn’t participate in the Wild Card round that remains. As the highest seed left they’ll have home field advantage for the rest of the postseason. Ultimately, I don’t see even that being enough to cool off the red-hot Rangers.
Arizona began the playoffs tied with the worst record at 84-78, but they enter the NLCS with the best playoff record at 5-0. After dominating the Brewers and Dodgers, Arizona is one series away from snapping their 22-year World Series drought.
The Phillies stunned the 104-win Braves in the NLDS, winning 3-1. They have a chance to return to the World Series for the 2nd straight year. They have home-field advantage in the NLCS. That and their postseason experience will be crucial factors.