NBA Betting Sites 2023
Betting on the NBA is one of the most common betting options available to punters these days, but the first issue that any potential gambler will have is finding the best online sportsbook to place these wagers. This is a critical factor that all potential gamblers must examine before learning how to bet on the basketball, as it could have an overwhelming impression on the markets that you can bet on, and how much you could possibly win off of the bets.
The best betting websites typically open to NBA bettors can be found within the offshore sportsbooks. These will have a larger amount of options for betting for punters, as well as offering unique welcome offers and ongoing promotions. Not just that, but punters that play with these can also win more on their bets as they will have access to the best odds around.
The long season of the NBA means that sports bettors can also have more than one account with these offshore sportsbooks so they can discover new betting markets for the punters. The real fun in the NBA gets started around February and March time when the playoffs get underway. All eyes will firmly be locked on the court then, and you could be in with a chance of winning significant returns should you bet with one of these offshore sportsbooks.
Top NBA Betting Sites in 2023
These are the best sportsbooks that we recommend as of 2023 based on bonuses, odds and overall betting experience:
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: BOL1000 (Minimum Deposit: $55)
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: SB1000 (Minimum Deposit: $55)
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: VEGASODDS
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: JOIN125 (Minimum Deposit: $100)
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: VEGASODDS
Before placing your first bet, it will be important to truly understand the betting markets that are available for you to bet on. Once you can understand the betting markets, then you can grasp the importance of the research and trends that could play a significant part in whether the bet that you have placed has a chance of winning.
The research process when betting on the NBA is imperative, especially if you are just learning how to bet on basketball. This is the part of the gambling stage where some players take little notice as they think they already know everything that they need to. However, it’s very rare that this is ever the case, and the basics should be followed for every bet that you place.
How to Bet on Basketball – The Basics
Like is the case with betting on any sport, the strategy that comes with your wagering is one of the most essential aspects that should be taken into account. If you fail to realize the importance of this, then you could be effectively throwing away your money for free. Those just beginning to learn how to bet on basketball will be forgiven for not knowing the relevant steps, but long-term gamblers would be aware that this is the best way to maximize your profits and lower the chances of a losing bet.
Fortunately, the NBA is a long season, so there is more than enough time for punters to perfect these strategies before the start of the playoffs. Effectively, the more games that you stay up to date with, the more trends that you will begin to see. From here, you can use this newfound information to place the best kind of bets possible. Here are some of the crucial aspects that you will have to be aware of the maximize your returns.
- Check the Injury Report – The turn around on NBA games is very quick. They typically only have one or two days between games and several back-to-backs throughout the year. Because of this, the official injury reports are constantly being updated. Check them out before placing a bet! A good team missing one of their best players is no longer a good team. The NBA is a long, tough season, and only a few players ever play all 82 games. Resting players due to injury or just for rest can significantly alter games. Remember to check the injury reports as closely you check the lines.
- Home Teams, Always Home Teams – Home teams win in the NBA just as with all other sports. The good teams cover at home. The bad teams cover at home. Keep that in mind.
- Back to Back games – NBA players hate back to back games. There are never many of them in a season, but there will always be a few. The main reason they dislike them is because they are never at home. Usually, game one is played, and then they travel overnight and play game two the next day. Basketball is tiring. Travel is tiring. Doing both for 48 hours must be exhausting. For this reason, the teams playing game 2 of a back-to-back are primed to lose. Take note of the schedule and these teams and bet accordingly.
- Ride a Winner – Every season a handful of the better teams will have long winning streaks. Whether it’s because of a homestand or a soft part of the schedule. The better teams get hot and go on big runs of wins. Six games, eight games, even 12 game win streaks are not at all uncommon. Ride these teams. Wagering on a hot team is never a bad bet.
- Road Trippin’ – The travel schedule in the NBA is hectic. Short stints at home, back to backs with travel in between, long road trips. Take note of where every team played the day before. A team playing their 2nd game in as many days while on the road is a tired team and, therefore, a bad bet. Sometimes, just going .500 on a long road trip is considered a success.
- Big Favorites – As the season goes on, the good teams separate themselves from the rest pretty quickly. These teams pile up wins and will end up with 50 or even 60 wins. That’s two or even three wins for every loss. Keep track of the top two or three teams in each conference. These teams win and win big.
- Love the Parlay – Parlays are a great play as an NBA betting strategy. For one, there are multiple games every day, and you’ll have plenty of good options. Bundling two or three teams together into a single bet can give you a good payout without much risk. You’ll want to keep the parlay small. Two or three teams and then apply the NBA betting tips from above. Use the moneyline for the favorites. Make simple plays because a parlay already pays well.
- Tankers –On the other end of the spectrum are the tankers. Tanking has become a big problem in the NBA. Probably because it’s such a smart play for a bad team. Bad teams are bad because they have bad players. The easiest way to get good players is in the NBA draft. The best players in the NBA draft go to the worse teams, so it only makes sense for bad teams to lose in order to get those players. Until the NBA changes how this is structured, bad teams will tank, and you can use this to your advantage. Tanking teams aren’t out there intentionally losing games by missing lay-ups and throwing the ball out-of-bounds. What they will do is bench their best players. Or even shut them down for the season. They’ll trade away any player with any value. All of the tanking moves are made in the front office and not on the court. Keep track of this race to the bottom just as you note the races for playoff position.
These are some of the most important factors to consider, so it is important to keep up to date with the latest injury, trade, and team news to ensure that you’re best placed to make your bet. Of course, it’s easy to do this with one team and base your betting strategy around that, but it is much better if you can keep up to date with every team in the league.
By doing this, you can notice every trend in the league and identify the perfect time to make your bet. At the very least, you should be aware of the standings in the respective divisions and the streaks that sides may be on. Once you can identify these, then you can pinpoint times and teams to bet on.
For instance, if the Golden State Warriors are on a long losing streak and towards the bottom of their division, it is important to examine why this is before placing a bet on them just because they were in the NBA Championship game.
When learning to bet on basketball, you will quickly understand the number of games that are played on a weekly basis but picking out the winners from every game may be difficult. This is where it is important to have a basic understanding of every team rather than just betting on the teams that you think are doing well. Going into betting without having an idea of the facts can be headless and reckless, and punters should avoid these punts at all costs.
There is value to be had with the basketball betting markets, but the punters are the ones that are responsible for finding them. Should they have any worries picking a winner, they should go back to the drawing board before placing a bet with one of the unique offshore sportsbooks available to them.
How to Bet on Basketball – Markets
The array of betting options for punters when gambling on the NBA is staggering, and all punters should be aware of what each market entails before wagering any money on one of the sportsbooks. Each market requires something different, and they range from picking the winning side to betting on the overs and under markets, and even handicap markets. Here are some of the most popular betting markets that you will find when gambling on basketball.
- The Point Spread – Playing the point spread is the most popular bet for every sport, and basketball is no different. Because of all the offense in the NBA, the margin for error while playing the point spread is small. Free throws down the stretch are as important as three-pointers when you play the point spread. Luckily the NBA is a long season with plenty of games played every day. Because you have so many options, you can always find one or two favorable point spreads. Be sure to look at all your options.
- The Moneyline – The moneyline in the NBA can be a good bet when used properly. The lines for favorites get way out of hand and should never be used. When teams are -800 or -1200 favorite, there is no reason to bet them. Sure, you will probably win, but there are never many returns. And if there is an upset, you’ve really lost out. Underdogs, on the other hand, can provide plenty of reward without much risk. If you like an underdog for an upset, put it on the moneyline.
- Parlays – The parlay is a great bet for the NBA because of the number of games played each and every day. Finding two or three or even four favorable matchups is easy to do when there are 15 games in a day. Parlays should always be played conservatively because you will need a few favorites to come in. And the moneyline helps too. Study the schedule for several games and bundle them together for one good bet.
- Over/Under – The NBA is the only league I really like the over/under bet. All it takes is for one shooter to get hot, and the scoring will go through the roof. Everyone knows this, and most people bet the overs. Unfortunately, the oddsmakers also know this, and they set the line accordingly. The over/under line is always going to favor the under simply because more people play the over. When looking to lay an over/under bet, always look for the under. Forget that overs exist, find a matchup that looks too high and take the under.
What Makes A Sportsbook Worth Using?
The best answer to this question largely relies on what you are trying to get out of your betting. Most people will be looking for the same things, and the sportsbooks that we mentioned at the beginning of this article offer everything you could ever want from a betting company.
The most important aspect that should be passed is the question of whether the offshore sportsbook is safe. The lion share of these are very safe as they will use SSL encryption to secure your personal information safely. This will ensure that all your sensitive information, such as name, address, and banking details, is kept out of the hands of hackers. As well as this, the most respected sportsbooks will also have licenses from some of the more respected regulators. These will include the United Kingdom Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority.
Once these aspects have been passed, then you can examine the array of betting markets that are available. You don’t want to sign up for a betting company that only has a select number of betting options. Instead, you can examine whether they have all the markets that you will be looking to bet on. Some of the smaller bookmakers may offer only the moneyline, and that wouldn’t be enough for some of the basketball lovers. This is an essential section to check before signing up. If you are looking for the over/under markets and spreads, then it is important to make sure the desired sportsbook has them first.
Once you’re appeased with these factors, then it will be time to check out the welcome offers that are available. This is a vital step to take advantage of when you’re learning to bet on basketball, as it will ensure that your money can go further, while also having a brilliant chance at winning huge returns. The very best offshore sportsbooks will have brilliant sign up offers, which will likely match your deposit, meaning that you will have double the amount to play with.
Ongoing promotions are also something that punters should look out for. The most dedicated offshore basketball websites will offer greater value on certain matches and also offer money-back should the result be a shock. These are important to keep an eye on as you could get money back from your bet should it lose. It is also an important factor to consider as it will show how seriously the sportsbook will value their basketball markets, and that is essential when you’re thinking about placing bets on the basketball markets. The more promotions for the sport, the more seriously that they value the customers that bet on the NBA.
If you are interested in other leagues in the basketball world, then it is also important to look around the website to see if they have them covered. A lot of smaller bookmakers will just allow betting on the NBA. However, most of the leading offshore bookmakers will also have an array of betting options for punters that want to bet on international tournaments, as well as domestic leagues in Russia, Spain, and Swedish leagues. This is a good way to separate the best from the crowd.
Sportsbook Banking Options
Betting on the basketball markets can be a lot of fun, but it is essential that the sportsbook that you sign up for has your preferred method of payment covered. There will be nothing more annoying than winning a bet only to find out that you can’t use your desired method to withdraw the funds. If that happens, then you will have to then use a different method to withdraw the funds that you have won, so it is important to make sure that your preferred method is accepted before you sign up.
Most banking options are safe when depositing funds with offshore betting sites, but the preferred option for many is Bitcoin. That is because it protects your money, and the company will ensure that the money is transferred to your betting account as safely as possible and as quick as possible. The encryption that comes with Bitcoin ensures the safety of your transaction.
That also applies when you are withdrawing your funds too. Bitcoin is one of the quickest ways to get your funds, and with most offshore sites, it will be free. However, the other payment methods are also remarkably safe. The conventional methods such as credit and debit cards are widely accepted, while wire transfers and e-wallet methods such as PayPal and Neteller are also widely accepted for deposits and withdrawals.
The one payment method that many new users may be looking to pay with is cryptocurrency, but they will have to be aware that is method is as widely accepted, and additional research will need to be conducted before signing up. There are numerous offshore betting websites that do accept this method, but you will have to find out if they accept this for deposits and withdrawals if this is your preferred method. The number of betting websites that allow this method will likely increase over the next five years with the growing number of people using this method.
When Are NBA Odds and Lines Released?
Another very important aspect of a good NBA betting website, which those just beginning to learn how to bet on basketball, must consider is the time frame in which odds and lines are released. Some sportsbooks are adamant about not releasing odds or lines while there are other NBA games in progress. This means that many games will not be released until the following day.
There are still NBA betting sites that will release the lines early, and those are the basketball betting sites that you want to take advantage of and start an account with. There are times when it is very frustrating to bet on the NBA because the line is not released for one game, but you want to take advantage of another game in a parlay. Without both lines being released, it is impossible to place that wager. That is another reason why it is so important to find the right offshore sportsbook for your NBA betting.
Finally, are those lines and odds competitive for NBA basketball betting? If you look at five different NBA betting sites on a normal night, you may find five different lines to one game.
This just means that you have to find what style of bettor you are and go with the sportsbook that sort of favors that style. For example, if you are a heavy underdog player in the NBA, then, of course, you’re going to want to look for a sportsbook that gives heavy lines for the underdogs in the game.
That being said, if you play the money line often and go with the favorite, you will want to make sure you find a sportsbook that has competitive money line odds so that you aren’t losing more than at another site.
Offshore Betting Customer Support
No matter whether you’re just learning how to bet on the basketball or a seasoned professional when it comes to betting on the sport, sometimes you will still need assistance from the sportsbook that you’re betting on. Most offshore sportsbooks put their customers at the forefront of their operation and usually are punctual with their replies when it comes to problems.
There is an array of ways in which this can be done. The most common of which is in the live chat function, where members can get immediate answers for their questions. However, if there is a delay, then they can check out the FAQ section, which will have an extensive number of the common questions that are asked.
Most offshore sportsbooks also have a phone number and an email address for members to get in touch using, but the latter of those options could take up to 24 hours for a response. That means should your issue be more urgent; then, you should use the live chat function. This highlights just how importantly offshore sportsbooks value their customers that are betting on the basketball.
Latest NBA Headlines
We’ve got some NBA player props for you! Things are getting interesting in the NBA, with a number of teams competing for a spot in the postseason. Some of those are playing tonight and their key men will be in the spotlight. So, which superstars will shine tonight, and which will fail to help their […]
We’ve got some NBA player props for you! We expect some real thrillers this evening, with certain players putting on great performances. Some others, however, might not do that great tonight. To learn which players are those, just keep on reading! Jump to: Orlando Magic vs. Memphis Grizzlies How to Watch Odds Prop Pick The […]
We’ve got some NBA player props for you! The race for the postseason is heating up, so you can be 100% certain all teams will give their utmost tonight. That said, we expect some real thrillers this evening, with certain players putting on great performances. To learn which players are those, just keep on reading! […]
We’ve got some NBA player props for you! We went 3/3 in the last two days with our NBA player prop picks. Can we make it three in a row? We sure think so! Six NBA games are on the program tonight (March 25) and some of those are going to be real barnburners. This […]
We’ve got some NBA player props for you! We went 3/3 last night with our NBA player props last night, and we expect nothing less than that tonight. Ten games are on the program, so it wasn’t too much trouble to find good bets. Keep reading to see which bets are those. Jump to: Bucks […]
We’ve got some NBA player props for you! There are only four NBA games on the program this evening, but it’s not about the quantity, but quality – these matches are all super-exciting. We expect to see some superstars like Mikal Bridges, Brandon Ingram, and Kawhi Leonard do wonders for their teams tonight. Keep on […]
We’ve got some NBA player props for you! There are 10 NBA games on the program tonight (March 22) and some of those look ideal for player props. Keep reading to learn which games are those, as well as see which bets we’re planning to make this evening. Nuggets vs Wizards How to Watch Odds […]
We’ve got some NBA player props for you! Yesterday was a great day for NBA player props, and we expect the same tonight. There are six games on the program this evening, meaning that you got plenty of bets to choose from. If you need help with picking the best ones, just keep on reading […]
The 2022-23 NBA season is heating up, with only a couple of weeks left before the end of the regular part of the season. Things are getting serious now, which is why we expect all seven of tonight’s games to be real bangers. And we also expect to see some players shine this evening. To […]
We’ve got some NBA player props for you! Friday brings us some interesting NBA matchups. In fact, there are eight games on the program this evening, with a couple of those looking ideal for player prop betting. In this post, we’re going to present you with our top three picks. So, let’s start! Jump to: […]
We’ve got some NBA player props for you! It was a good day for NBA prop betting yesterday and we expect no less tonight. There are five games on the program, all of which are of huge importance for the teams involved. We expect every player that gets on the court tonight to give their […]
We’ve got some NBA player props for you! The race for the 2023 NBA playoffs is heating up, meaning that it’s time for all the biggest stars to get into top gear. So, which stars will shine tonight? Let’s find out! Jump to: 76ers vs Cavaliers How to Watch Odds Prop Pick The Cleveland Cavaliers […]