The Coppa Italia, or Italy Cup in English, is one of the most prestigious competitions in Italian football. The competition takes place every year, with 78 teams involved. Top teams such as Juventus, Inter Milan and AS Roma will begin the tournament as the favourites every season, but the Coppa Italia is prone to shock results.
Coppa Italia Odds
Best Sportsbooks for Betting on the Coppa Italia
These are the best sportsbooks that we recommend as of 2020 based on bonuses, odds and overall betting experience:
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: BOL1000 (Minimum Deposit: $55)
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: VEGASODDS (10x Rollover Requirement)
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: SB1000 (Minimum Deposit: $25)
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: VEGASODDS (3x to 10x Rollover Requirement)
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: ROOKIE100 (6x Rollover Requirement)
History And Format Of Coppa Italia
The first instalment of the Coppa Italia came in 1922 and was won by Vado. The second instalment didn’t take place for a further four years, but it was cancelled in the middle of the round of 32. It started to become an annual tournament at the beginning of the 1935-36 campaign before the Second World War meant that the competition was cancelled. The Coppa Italia returned in 1958 and has been played every season since.
The whole draw for the competition is made before a ball is kicked. Every tie up until the semi-final stage is a one-off game, while the semi-final itself is a two-legged fixture, with each team playing at home. The winners of the competition will be rewarded for their success with a place in the following season’s Europa League.
Coppa Italia Winners
Juventus have won the Coppa Italia more times than any other club. They have recorded 13 wins in the competition, with Roma next on the list with nine successes. The Old Lady have also reached the most finals, after appearing on 18 occasions. The reigning champions are Lazio, who claimed a seventh win in the competition by beating Atalanta 2-0 in the final.
|Year||Winning Team||Losing Team||Score|
Betting On The Coppa Italia
There are various ways for punters to get involved with the Coppa Italia. The most common of which can be found in the individual match betting markets, but there is also a significant ante-post market that could also be of interest for punters looking to get returns.
Team To Win Coppa Italia
The most popular way to stake your money in the ante-post market is by placing a stake on the team that you believe will win the competition. There is typically value for every team other than Juventus in this market, as they have held such a dominance in the competition. The team that the punter bets on must win the whole competition. Otherwise, the stake is lost.
Individual Match Betting Markets
There are various betting markets for each game in the Coppa Italia for fans to get involved with, but some are more popular than others. Here are some of the best markets that you could stake your money on:
- Match Result: The most straightforward way to place a bet on a Coppa Italia fixture is by betting on the team that will win a particular fixture. It is important to remember that games that go into extra time are settled as a draw. If the punter has staked their money on the winning team, then they are handed the returns.
- Both Teams To Score: This market doesn’t involve the punter having to place their stake on the winning team. Instead, they have to predict whether both teams will score in the match. If the punter places their stake on yes, then both teams have to score at least once in the match.
- Over/Under Markets: One of the most compelling markets is the over and under. Here, punters can place their stake on their being more or less the number of goals, corner or cards than the benchmark set by the sportsbook. For instance, if the sportsbook puts a benchmark of 3.5 goals and the punter bets on over, then there needs to be at least four goals for the bet to be a winner.
- Handicap Betting: Since there are a lot of teams involved in the Coppa Italia from below Serie A, there is always a chance that one of the better sides could be drawn against inferior opposition. The handicap market is the ideal place to get value on the favoured side as they will start with a disadvantage that they will need to overcome in order to win. For instance, Juventus may start a game with a -2.5 handicap against Catania, which means they will need to win by three clear goals for the bet to be a winner.
European soccer has been put on hold due to the coronavirus pandemic. Some national leagues are thinking about scrapping the current season. UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin has warned leagues not to do it. The coronavirus pandemic has halted almost all soccer competitions in Europe, aside from Belarus leagues. The future of the 2019-20 season is […]
There is no word as to when the Premier League and other European competitions will resume, but that hasn’t stopped the rumours circulating of potential summer moves. Everton are one of the clubs that are expected to feature heavily over the summer, as Carlo Ancelotti looks to mould this Everton side in his vision. The […]
Harry Kane has thrown his long-term future into question over the weekend as he failed to commit his future to Tottenham Hotspur. The England captain was questioned whether he sees himself at Spurs in the future, but he reiterated that plans change and that he hopes to win trophies in his career. Spurs have struggled […]
UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin stated that if football in Europe doesn’t start before July, the season would be lost. Ceferin and UEFA Making Plans to Save the Campaign The Slovenian lawyer, who is the head of the European house of football, is doing everything he can in these moments to save the season. Ceferin stated […]
The transfer window is edging closer, and with the outbreak of the Coronavirus wreaking havoc with the sporting calendar, many of the clubs are already looking at potential avenues that they can strengthen their team when the transfer period begins. Three of the biggest clubs around the globe have pin-pointed the goalkeeping position, and there […]
The UEFA Champions League and Europa League finals have both been postponed indefinitely after an official announcement was made yesterday. There were multiple reports leaked last week, which indicated that the end of June might be the rescheduled date. However, there has been no word on whether these dates are when the finals are planned. […]
Euro 2020 has been postponed to 2021 due to the coronavirus outbreak. Oddsmakers have made England the main favorite for the title at +400. Other favorites include Belgium, France, and Netherlands. The coronavirus pandemic has put most of Europe in a lockdown, with all the major sports events being suspended as a result. Some competitions […]
The former president of Real Madrid Lorenzo Sanz passed away after being infected with the COVID-19 virus. The news broke out this Saturday night, and since the start of the pandemic, this is the most famous victim of this terrible disease. Real Madrid’s Rescuer Lorenzo Sans Duran, the son of the late Lorenzo, confirmed the […]
Frank Lampard’s first season in the hot-seat at Stamford Bridge has been a success for the majority. Chelsea remain in with a chance of finishing in the Champions League places this season, and their hopes of achieving that remain in their own hands. The Blues are currently in fourth spot but are set to face […]
Gareth Bale’s future still remains an enigma after all this time. The next destination of the Welsh superstar crates a lot of speculations. Among many stories, the ones involving the MLS league are attracting a lot of attention. Inter Miami and LA Galaxy Chasing Bale Bale will be the biggest name in the MLS if […]
Manchester United have been in the market for a new striker since the summer of 2019 when Romelu Lukaku departed the club. However, it may seem that they have found their man to replace their former number nine, and it could be a move that hinders a club also competing for a place in the […]
Reports emerged over the weekend that Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo was opening his hotel’s doors to suffers from the global pandemic COVID-19. Many took to social media to applaud the superstar’s commitment to the local people in the community, but it would appear that the first announcement that was made was a hoax. The reports […]