Dota 2 is among the premier esports competitions out there. It’s a game with a long pedigree that spawns over two decades when the original Warcraft III modification was introduced as a ropey, cobbled-together custom map back in 2004. Since then, things have picked up. Owing to its intense skill-based gameplay, Dota has quickly become one of the top esports titles to bet on and Dota 2 betting sites have proliferated.
Today, I will talk about the best places where you can place your Dota 2 bets. My selection includes various esports sportsbooks that are quite happy to accept your wagers.
All great, real money Dota 2 betting sites share the fairly the same basic characteristics. Yet, each adds its own unique spin and market variety.
Here is my complete Dota 2 gambling sites list:
Top Dota 2 Betting Sites in 2020
These are the best sportsbooks that we recommend as of 2020 based on bonuses, odds and overall betting experience:
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: BOL1000 (Minimum Deposit: $55)
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: VEGASODDS (10x Rollover Requirement)
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: SB1000 (Minimum Deposit: $25)
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: VEGASODDS (3x to 10x Rollover Requirement)
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: ROOKIE100 (6x Rollover Requirement)
Dota 2 Betting Bonuses – How to Choose the Best Bonus?
With a Dota 2 competition running almost always around the year, esports fans would be eager to place a wager or two. But why bet with their own funds when they can get some extra financial help from the esports sportsbooks?
There are a lot of betting sites out there, which offer a neat starting bonus and then some. Yet, these bonuses are a little more specialized comparing to traditional betting bonuses, as any Dota 2 betting promotion is slightly more flexible insofar its Terms & Conditions go.
Deposit bonuses are some of the most popular you can pick up as a Dota 2 betting fan. In fact, they are what you will probably be looking for half of the time anyway. These bonuses are often tailored to your specific needs and many will focus on a single event, such as The International or any Dota Pro Circuit (DPC) event.
Most Dota 2 bonuses come with a 100% match rate up to a specific amount which could be as little as $100 or as big as $1000.
Dota 2 free bets are a get way to start yourself up. You can place a simple $25 on any event you wish and see if you can turn it into something more significant. Another great form of a Dota 2 wager is the risk-free bet. In other words, you can bet on a game and should you lose your bet, you can just retrieve it by contacting customer support.
Even the best Dota 2 bettor will eventually run in a pickle. Not every game is bound to pan out the way you have bet on it, and this is where cashback bonuses can come quite handy. It’s great to have access to a cashback offer because, this way, you can claim up to 25% on any losses you have generated and then bet them back on games for a second chance.
How to Pick the Best Dota 2 Betting Sites?
Evidently, the choice of a great Dota 2 betting venue can prove quite important. Most top Dota 2 gambling sites all come with a fantastic coverage of markets and events to bet on. Yet, there are some specific criteria to use in your selection process and single out the sportsbooks you can stick with. These criteria are objective and they do not depend on personal opinion.
There are a lot of Dota 2 bets you can place regardless of the importance of the event. Most players will stick with 1×2 or moneylines while others might opt for handicaps. There are also map betting as well as popular proposition bets, such as “which team will draw first blood” or even “correct score. The proposition bets are really where it gets interesting, as there often are over 20 markets on a single game, and you can combine your knowledge with interesting outcomes.
Another condition to choose the best Dota 2 betting sites is to make sure the odds are competitive. Thankfully, most sportsbooks allow you to compare odds without even registering, so hunting for the best odds is never too complicated. Even before registering yourself, you will have a pretty good idea where the best odds are. Now, I am talking about very small improvement on most odds here, with just a few ticks. However, every little adds and this could make your Dota 2 bets more optimal in the long term.
Tournament and Events
Dota 2 is a game that focuses on two main events – the Dota Pro Circuit and The International. Yet, there are other minor markets here and there to bet on outside the Minor and Major tournaments a regular season offers. MegaFon, Parimatch and MDL are just a few examples of events that operate outside the regular DPC, and it’s a good idea for a worthwhile Dota 2 betting site to offer bets on these.
A lot can change during a Dota 2 game as the competition has several stages – early, mid and late game. All three stages are in fact quite dependent on team composition, momentum in the game at any one point and individual skills. A Dota 2 bettor with a keen eye can spot the small change in the game before they have happened. Yet, there is even a stage that makes betting interesting beforehand – the picking and banning phase during which teams draft their heroes. Dota 2 definitely invites some very interesting scenarios when it comes to betting.
All Great Dota 2 Betting Sites Are Technically Solid
Outside this focus on game-specific criteria, there are a few technical factors that should be taken into consideration when choosing where to set up your Dota 2 betting account.
Payment options are just the glazing. Once you have picked a website you can trust, having access to flexible payment options is a great bonus. Most players want quick and accessible way to move their money, and payment options such as Bitcoin, bank cards, and e-wallets can often make this accessible.
It never hurts to have access to customer support. In fact, esports fans and players expect a sterling job from the support team. There is no place for delays and any sportsbooks that wants to win people over should offer accessible, 24/7 and more importantly – helpful customer support option.
Yes, all Dota 2 betting sites I recommend today are fully mobile compatible. They offer you a quick and intuitive access to the full range of Dota 2 bets and options, bonuses, customer support, and payment features.
Guide to Placing a Successful Bet on Dota 2
Placing a bet on Dota 2 is definitely a mix of several things. First comes your love and appreciation for the game, no doubt about that. Yet, there are other things at play here. To make the most out of your stay at the top Dota 2 betting sites, you ought to know how and on whom to bet. There are several criteria that prove helpful in determining your next bet.
- Back teams that are strong this season – Each DPC season will be different and while some teams seem to stay strong for years, others don’t. Team Secret have been showing consistently good performance and they are definitely a good pick. Yet, the 19/20 DPC Season has been dominated by Southeast Asia (SEA) and Chinese teams.
- Analyze upcoming matches – To get the best value out of your Dota 2 bets, you need to take a single match-up and analyze it in detail. Teams have histories and in Dota 2 this information is usually very useful. Apart from a team’s current form, try to take any given teams’ rivalry so far.
- Hero composition and bans – Hero selection is a huge factor in the game. It can quickly reveal information about what strategy a team is about to pursue with only a very few alternations. An experienced Dota 2 fan can quickly tell if a team is going for a quick push, tower rush, deep turtle or any other popular stratagem.
Dota 2 Bet Types
As discussed, there are many available markets to bet on, but to understand them fully, I will have a quick rundown. What you bet on is usually a combination of mostly the same bets and here they come:
- Match Bets – Match bets are always the easiest to guess. You are just trying to guess the winner of a certain Dota 2 game plain and simple. This bet applies for the entire series, which could be Bo1, Bo3 or even Bo5, although regular games hardly ever stretch Bo5.
- Live Bets – Place on events as they unfold in front of you. This type of wager is very popular as well, offering a neat chance to race with the Dota 2 betting sites and try to get ahead of them.
- Total Maps – While you can still bet on the winner, you can also try and guess how many maps would a series go. Would a Bo3 actually take three games to settle or one team is going to win in two games in a row?
- Proposition Bets – As mentioned, these bets are actually quite handy and they can concern any aspect of the game. Will X player do this during the game or will Y player score as many kills? It’s all a mater of proposition and you can bet on that.
Main Dota 2 Betting Events and Tournaments
Dota 2 is very easy to follow. The main competitive season or Dota Pro Circuit takes places from November through August every year, and it consists of Minor and Major events. Most teams are invited outright, but one or two spots are always granted through qualifiers.
This creates for a lot of Dota 2 action to bet on. Understandably, you often have to work with less known teams outside Major events, but this is no bad thing at all. Here are a few other events you might want to keep your eyes out for outside the Minor and Majors:
- ESL One
- Asia Challenger League
- Asia Pacific Predator Cup
These events may change from one season to the next, but Liquipedia will usually have the whole lot of available events, making them very easy to track. Of course, you are always better off placing a wager on a team you understand inside out.
Yet, these minor competitions are still quite the opportunity to pick a few more bets along the way. Last, but hardly least, each season will be crowned by The International, an event so massive that it holds the single largest purse in the history of esports.
In 2019, the event had reached $34,330,068 with 18 of the world’s strongest teams vying for a chunk of it.
Top Dota 2 Betting Tips & Predictions
Everyone is naturally interested in turning their Dota 2 bets into success. The choice of the right Dota 2 betting site is in the beginning of every success story. Yet, there are other things at play. Successful Dota 2 predictions are a combination of insight, personal knowledge and analyzing what the community thinks.
Not surprisingly, places like joinDota and r/DotA2: Dota get a lot of attention. There the community discusses at large whatever minor changes happen. With over 650,000 active members, there are some opinions that will directly influence your next bet.
Player rumors are often reported there and this could have a direct impact on the outcome of a game.
Dota 2 Betting Checklist
To concentrate your knowledge of Dota 2 into actionable advice, I recommend the following steps to a successful Dota 2 bet:
- Understand the team you are betting on. Hearsay is never good enough when it comes to your Dota 2 bets. Check how a team has been performing and more importantly understand why. Team Secret reported burn out at the end of 2019 which made them skip two major events for example.
- Bet consistently but with small amounts. You want to place wagers that won’t make you rich, but rather will allow you to develop your bankroll over time. As long as the majority of your wagers pan out a success, you are in for a very good, long-term experience that wouldn’t necessitate you topping off your bankroll every so often. When your bankroll allows it, though, you can take on a riskier bet, too.
- Follow up with player reports. While it’s unlikely for an esports player to be injured, there could be other extenuating circumstances. For instance, Minor and Major events often take place in different locations around the world, which makes obtaining visas difficult and jet lag a real issue for even the most nocturnal professional gamers.
- Be patient about your next bet. With Dota 2 events running throughout the entire year, there is no real hit-or-miss opportunity here. You will be able to place wagers consistently and without feeling any pressure to bet now or forever forfeit your chance to place a successful bet.
DreamHack Open kicks the Fortnite $250,000 event in July with five more events after that expected in 2020The event will be split into three competitive regions, and specifically NA West, NA East, and EuropeAll players participating must be at least 13 years of age and have a two-factor authentication DreamHack and Epic Games have teamed […]
2020 NASCAR season is set to resume on May 17 at Darlington Raceway after it was put on hold due to the coronavirus pandemic. With two weeks left before ‘real’ NASCAR returns, petrol-heads can quench their thirst for racing with eNASCAR. This weekend, eNASCAR Invitational Dover is on! Date: May 3, 2020 Time: 1 p.m. […]
ESPN Esports is hosting the Valorant Invitational today, April 20, inviting professional players from seven different games to compare skills in Riot Games’ new shooter. Eight Valorant Teams Join ESPN Esports Invitational ESPN Esports has become the latest organization to decide and host a Valorant tournament. The three-day Valorant Invitational will start today, April 20, […]
The Nevada Gaming Control Board has expanded the list of events esports fans can bet on. You can now wager on League of Legends, Overwatch and Call of Duty League competitions. Nevada Adds New Esports Events to Make up for Sports Drought The Nevada Gaming Control Board has given the go-ahead to esports betting in […]
Code Green is the third VALORANT tournament to take place this week after 100 Thieves and T1 ran with their own tourneys on Tuesday and Thursday. The event features $20,000 in prize purse which will be allocated to various COVID-19 relief charities. VALORANT Code Green Tournament Features 16 Teams Today, BoomTV and CashApp will host […]
NASCAR has successfully leveraged fans’ love for racing and brought it to the iRacing simulator platform, pulling steady viewership and interest. The eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series continues with Richmond Raceway, and here is what you need to know. eNASCAR Pro Invitational: Richmond Raceway Overview The eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series at the virtual Bristol […]
Virtual sports are getting a lot of attention in the betting community at the moment. Simulation sports are not the same as esports. Leading online sportsbooks are now offering simulation sports betting. As a result of the coronavirus canceling almost every sporting event on the planet, top online bookmakers have come up with a new […]
Afreeca StarLeague Season 9 reunites retired pros Flash and ZerO The Emperor continues to be given the best chance of success at (-165) Light is the only player who has managed to slow down Flash’s progress recently Afreeca StarLeague Season 9 is back and with the group stages out of the way, a whole bunch […]
With the world of esports finding a way to beat on, the ESforce’s Dota 2 Parimatch League Season 2 is going to offer a three-day action starting on March 27, and inviting four notable CIS teams to compete for a shot at the $50,000 first-place prize. Parimatch League Season 2 to Launch Online on March […]
The entertainment industry has been affected in the fullest around the world since the COVID-19 illness got out, setting a global domino reaction and hitting hard on the livelihoods of millions of people. Yet, one segment that has done fairly well in the global state of emergency the novel coronavirus has ushered in is video […]
Astralis still in the lead with -222 to win Group B Team Liquid and Evil Geniuses listed as top seed to win Group A and Group C respectively The event gets underway tomorrow, January 31, 2020 in London, with a prize pool of $300,000 One of the most important competitive CS:GO year-round events is about […]
After Team Nigma stomped their way to the top and the 16th team Dota 2 The Leipzig Major was chosen, the event itself is about to kick off. Starting on Saturday, January 18, the Dota 2 DreamLeague Season 13 -The Leipzig Major 2020 group stages will offer plenty of betting opportunities. Date: January 18 – […]