What Does ‘Minus’ Mean in Betting?
The minus symbol (-) is used to indicate the favorite in a particular matchup. It is also used to indicate the amount of money that must be wagered to win $100.
Generally, the lower the number (for example -1200 being lower than -900); the less you will win because of the heavy favorite.
- If a line is listed as “-150“, that means that the bettor must wager $150 to win $100.
- If the line is listed as “-200“, then the bettor must wager $200 to win $100.
- Similarly, if the line is listed as “-300“, then the bettor must wager $300 to win $100.
Did You Know
- Shop around for the best odds. Different sportsbooks offer different odds on the same events, so make sure you check out what the best prices are before placing your bets.
- Look for value in the betting lines and try to spot any discrepancies in the odds that could give you an edge in the market.
- Monitor the public betting percentages. Public betting percentages can provide insight into the betting trends of the public, which can help you make more informed decisions when betting on favorites.