The world of MMA, and in particular the UFC, is ever-growing, and with that means a major betting market for punters. The sport has been on the rise for the past ten years, and it is now rivaling boxing for the mainstream attention in Las Vegas. There have been various stars that have helped the UFC gain this mainstream audience.
The business was first taken to a new level with the arrival of Brock Lesnar from the WWE. His arrival ensured that the UFC bypassed the one million buys barrier for the first time. Before the more recent wave of talent in the forms of Ronda Rousey and Conor McGregor saw the company appeal to a broader audience.
Nowadays, the latter of those fighters remains in UFC and has continued to oversee the UFC excel. The Irishman’s bouts are the most bet on throughout the year and ensure that punters are able to maximize their bets when they have learned how to bet on UFC fights. The UFC isn’t the only available option to punters looking to bet on MMA, as there are also companies such as Bellator. However, this company is largely seen as the secondary option, and the UFC is where all the biggest stars take to the octagon.
Top UFC Betting Sites in 2020
These are the best sportsbooks that we recommend as of 2020 based on bonuses, odds and overall betting experience:
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: BOL1000 (Minimum Deposit: $55)
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: VEGASODDS (10x Rollover Requirement)
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: SB1000 (Minimum Deposit: $25)
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: VEGASODDS (3x to 10x Rollover Requirement)
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: ROOKIE100 (6x Rollover Requirement)
The betting options that are available in the UFC are staggering, but before punters can place a bet they must first find the perfect place to bet. The number of sportsbooks that are now offering odds on the upcoming UFC fights can be overwhelming, but punters shouldn’t look any further than these top five. As well as offering the best prices in the industry, they also have a comprehensive welcome offer and ensure that their players can learn how to bet on UFC fights in a safe and entertaining way.
How to Bet on Fights – The Basics
The UFC has now become an immediate challenger to boxing as the most popular form of combat action on the planet, and some expect the UFC to eclipse the once-famous sport over the next couple of years. The biggest drawing point to the sport is how explosive, intriguing, and dynamic the action in the octagon can be.
Unlike boxing, your eyes are totally fixated on the action going on in front of you. One move could change the whole course of the bout and could see a favored fighter on the floor trying to hold on. There have been countless glimpses throughout the history of the sport of just this happening, and those in attendance fall silent in amazement of what they have just seen.
In UFC, there are numerous ways for a fight to be won, and this is something that punters can bet on. Fights can be won by submission, KO/TKO, or decision. Certain fighters will be better placed to win by one of those methods, and that’s something to bear in mind when you’re learning about how to bet on UFC fights. The records of both fighters should be examined, and the style that they prefer should also be looked at.
The best thing about the UFC is that bouts can see wrestlers coming up against jiu-jitsu opponents, and it is intriguing to see how they shape up against one another. There are various things that punters should be aware of before placing a wager, and the bare minimum that they should be researching before a fight are the following:
- Understand Each Fighter – The most significant thing that punters should be aware of is the fighters that are taking to the octagon. The punter should know each style, record, and how many times have they gone the distance. All of these factors would give the punter an immediate insight into how a fight could develop. Should one of the fighters have been knocked out in their past three bouts, then the punter could make an educated bet that there could be something wrong with their preparation and would be hesitant to bet on them. Meanwhile, if one fighter has a terrible record against karate opponents, then this is something punters should also be aware of.
- Don’t Rule Out the Underdog – The world of UFC is an incredibly strange place, and upsets aren’t out of the question. Favorites in particular markets could be just that because they have home advantage or a lot of fans. Punters should be aware of their real talent in the octagon before just placing a bet on the fighter that they have heard of. For example, those who were beginning to learn how to bet on UFC fights before the Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. McGregor bout would have noticed that the Irishman was the heavy favorite. However, when they took to the octagon itself, McGregor couldn’t maintain his offense against such a talented opponent and was brutally submitted in the fourth. It is something that punters must be aware of.
- Location – We have briefly spoken about the location, and it doesn’t hold the same advantage as it does in boxing. The majority of massive UFC bouts come from Las Vegas, with a host of special events throughout the year coming from further afield. Swedish fighter Alexander Gustafson has fought in Stockholm twice in his career, and he went into both as the overwhelming favorite since he had home support. However, he lost both of these bouts. The most critical aspects for punters when they are learning how to bet on UFC fights are the form and styles. The location can be relevant, but it isn’t as important.
- Proposition Bets – One of the best ways to ensure maximum profit from UFC bets can be found in the proposition markets. Due to the array of ways that fights can end, there is great value to be had on realistic outcomes from the fight. The most popular of which is the punters’ ability to lay on a bet for the winner of the bout coupled with their method of victory. Should the adequate research have been completed, then this could be a fruitful avenue to punters.
- Find the Best Value – Punters shouldn’t settle for winning less on a winning bet. That means that they should do everything in their power to find the sportsbook with the best odds on UFC markets. The bookmakers that we mentioned previously are the best sites for those learning how to bet on UFC fights. They will have the best selection of markets and prices available to all customers.
The strategy when it comes to betting on the UFC is down to each individual punter. But these basic steps are the most critical and should be followed no matter whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro. Punters should also bet on the fighters that they know, and not begin to bet on fighters that they have no knowledge on. These punts would be ill-advised and uneducated bets and would more often than not be losing stakes.
Keeping it basic and not to complex is the best way to maximize returns when betting on the UFC. Don’t get carried away with the hype of fighters, and instead do the research that is needed to ensure a knowledgeable bet.
Best Types of Bets in UFC
Once the research has been conducted, and punters have made notes on each fighter, then they begin to examine the betting options that are available to them. The amount of markets that can typically be found when betting on the sport is staggering, which means there are numerous avenues for punters to go down to maximize their bets.
Some of these markets may be centered on the winning fighter, while others may revolve around the round in which the fight ends or the method in which a fighter wins by. Each market will require something different in order for the punt to be a winning one. Let’s examine some of the most common betting markets that you can expect to find.
- Moneyline – The Moneyline is the most popular bet with UFC. It is simply picking the winner against odds. No handicapping, no points, just the winner. The favorite pays out less than the underdog, so it is good to bet more evenly matched fighters.
- Futures – As with most futures, these can be complete wastes of time, and no serious gambler would touch them, especially a sport like UFC.
- Props – There are prop bets for everything, and they range from the ridiculous to the overly specific. Most prop bets are a waste of time, much like the futures. However, you can find a good prop bet here and there, so they are worth a look. Stick to the props that are fight specific. What round does the fighter go down? Is it a tap-out? Is it a knockout? These can be played with some confidence, and the odds you find will be very favorable.
- Round Betting – One of the most popular prop bets can be found in the round betting market. Here, the punter will simply have to place their stake on the winning fighter and the round in which they win the fight. The punter combines the two, and the returns can be huge should they predict the exact outcome.
- Fight Going Distance – One market that punters can wager on which doesn’t revolve around picking the winning fighter is the fight going the distance. This sees the punter lay their stake on either yes or no. The bet is a winning one depending on the selection chosen. If they have bet on yes, then the fight must go to the scorecards.
What Types of UFC Limits Do Offshore Sportsbooks Have?
When it comes to placing your first bet after learning how to bet on UFC fights, then it is important to start small before gradually increasing the stake. Not only this is the best way to maximize returns, but also the best way to fully understand the betting markets that you’re betting on. Not only will this ensure that you don’t lose as much in the short-term, but it could also be a long-term method of ensuring a profitable experience at the sportsbook.
However, each online sportsbook will have their own different limits on bets. These can range between anything, and it is always important to double-check what the respective sportsbook limit is. This is especially important if you’re planning to put down a significant bet. The very best UFC sportsbooks offer higher limits than most, which means the five that we have mentioned at the beginning will be suitable to everyone, including high-rollers.
Odds and Lines
The odds are the most critical factor when it comes to betting on the UFC, and punters shouldn’t settle for winning less. The process of finding the best odds is no longer as complex as it used to be as punters can use websites to find the best comparisons. However, the five that we have outlined at the beginning have the best odds, no matter on the fight taking place in the octagon. The worst part about being a punter is discovering that your winning bet could have returned more significant returns should you have betted elsewhere. However, that won’t be an issue if you use one of the five best sportsbooks for UFC betting.
The best sportsbooks release prices on UFC bouts as soon as they are announced. Once the fight has been given a date and time, then punters begin to wager. This could be the optimal time to ensure maximum profit on bets, as the odds will change. Not only this, but punters can bet on fights that haven’t been announced yet. This means punters can bet on fights such as McGregor vs. Khabib. The fight hasn’t been announced as of yet, but it is heavily expected to occur. Punters can maximize their returns on this bet, as the prices will be higher than they will be when it is unveiled.
What Type of Banking Options Are Available?
Online sportsbooks can stand out from the crowd with the selection of betting options that they offer. The very best sportsbooks cover every base, and therefore more punters will bet with them since they are flexible. The sportsbooks that we have mentioned cater to their customers’ needs by being dynamic on this front.
The most common banking options remain the credit/debit card method. However, all of the sportsbooks mentioned also allow deposits and withdrawals through bank transfers, and various e-wallets such as Neteller and PayPal. The amount of processing time that withdrawals can take depends on the method that has been selected by the punter. E-wallet withdrawals will be available in punters accounts within 24 hours, while card methods may take up to five days.
This modern era of sports betting has also seen sportsbooks branch out and allow unique payment methods to really stand out from the crowd. The most common that can be found is Bitcoin. This method of payment ensures that the sportsbook will stand out from the crowd and entice a brand new audience to bet with them. These sportsbooks that allow this payment method are taking one foot into the future, and it’s likely that a lot more will follow over the coming years.
Importance of Reliable Sportsbooks
There are so many sportsbooks promising that they are reliable in this modern era, and it’s important that punters ensure that the site that they bet on has adhered to a range of security measures. The most prominent of which should be the use of SSL encryption, which ensures that sensitive information is kept out of the hands of hackers. As well as this, sportsbooks should have the relevant licenses. This will ensure that punters are given the funds for winning bets and are given a fair chance of winning.
The support staff is also vital, and sportsbooks should ensure that they have a live chat function that offers the best possible service to their customers 24/7. As well as this, sportsbooks should offer an email address for more in-depth issues and an extensive FAQ section to assist customers that have common issues that they need to address.
Many of the best sportsbooks also now boast a variety of languages, which ensures their customers can have assistance in their native language to ensure there is no breakdown in communication. They will also offer an abundance of accepted currencies, which will ensure they don’t have to worry about conversion fees that may occur with their bank. These aspects improve customer satisfaction and ensure that the sportsbooks are reliable when players are betting on UFC fights.
Latest UFC Headlines
The UFC action continues this coming weekend as there is a huge night of MMA action coming live from the UFC APEX facility in Las Vegas. The UFC events look a bit different that they did before the coronavirus, as this event was scheduled to take place at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin. However, […]
Dana White recently revealed the main card for the UFC 251, which is to take place at the fight Island in Abu Dhabi. The highlight of this even is the bout between Kamaru Usman and Gilbert Burns. Usman Defending the Title Against Burns The competition in the welterweight division is arguably the fiercest in the […]
Khabib Nurmagomedov and Justin Gaethje are to fight for the UFC Lightweight Championship title. The UFC plans to organize the title fight at the Fight Island in September as a part of UFC 253. Online sportsbooks were quick to release the betting odds for the bout. Last night, the UFC has announced plans to organize […]
“Conor McGregor retires” – this is the news that’s been dominating the MMA universe this weekend. Even though we’ve had UFC 255: Nunes vs Spencer on the program on Saturday, the focus of MMA fans was moved to what the Notorious is saying. According to the tweet he made around 1 a. m. (Eastern Time) […]
Amanda Nunes defeated Felicia Spencer at the UFC 250, and retained her featherweight title. On the other side, Conor McGregor once again decided to retire with an announcement via social networks. Nunes Dominant in Her Appearance The Brazilian champion was fantastic against Spencer who didn’t stand any chance in this one. Nunes would unleash a […]
Even though the MMA headlines this week have been dominated by the beef between Jon Jones and Dana White, we mustn’t forget that there’s an interesting event ahead. The UFC returns to Las Vegas this weekend with the UFC 250: Nunes vs. Spencer. Headlined by the fight for the UFC Women’s Featherweight Championship title, the […]
Jon Jones’ beef with the UFC boss Dana White has just reached the melting point. The reigning UFC Lightweight Heavyweight champ tweeted a couple of hours ago that’s he’s vacating the title. The cause of all the fuss was the negotiation about a fight with Francis Ngannou, which White claimed fell through due to Jones’ […]
The Brazilian Gilbert Burns, defeated Tyron Woodley last night, in the main event of the UFC spectacle held in Las Vegas, Nevada. It was a unanimous win of the new star in the welterweight division. Burns Dominates Woodley The situation inside the octagon didn’t look well for the former champion, as he immediately felt the […]
The UFC continues this weekend with a fight between the former UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley and Gilbert Burns. Woodley vs. Burns Preview The match between Woodley and Burns is presented to the public as a possible title-eliminator. Whoever wins here should face the welterweight champion, Kamaru Usman. Burns and Woodley were not among the […]
Alistair Overeem defeated Walt Harris this Saturday night at the UFC Fight Night 176. Overeem Comes Back From the Edge We are free to say that the Dutch fighter was on the verge of losing this one. Harris attacked early in the first round, pressuring Overeem down to the canvas and unleashing a fury upon […]
According to Justin Gaethje, the new UFC lightweight interim champion, Conor McGregor’s behavior is deteriorating his status among the fans and colleagues. Gaethje Shuts Down McGregor’s Intentions to Fight Him After he defeated Tony Ferguson, Gaethje appeared on McGregor’s radar, and the former champion immediately started calling out the American, saying that he wants a […]
Glover Teixeira proved that age is not a problem for him, after beating Anthony Smith last night in Jacksonville. The veteran Brazilian was more than dominant in this fight, proving to everyone that he still has enough juice to be among the elite of the UFC light heavyweight division. Teixeira’s Domination Glover was a bit […]