The world of MMA, and in particular the UFC, is ever-growing, and with that means a major betting market for punters. The sport has been on the rise for the past ten years, and it is now rivaling boxing for the mainstream attention in Las Vegas. There have been various stars that have helped the UFC gain this mainstream audience.
The business was first taken to a new level with the arrival of Brock Lesnar from the WWE. His arrival ensured that the UFC bypassed the one million buys barrier for the first time. Before the more recent wave of talent in the forms of Ronda Rousey and Conor McGregor saw the company appeal to a broader audience.
Nowadays, the latter of those fighters remains in UFC and has continued to oversee the UFC excel. The Irishman’s bouts are the most bet on throughout the year and ensure that punters are able to maximize their bets when they have learned how to bet on UFC fights. The UFC isn’t the only available option to punters looking to bet on MMA, as there are also companies such as Bellator. However, this company is largely seen as the secondary option, and the UFC is where all the biggest stars take to the octagon.
Top UFC Betting Sites in 2020
These are the best sportsbooks that we recommend as of 2020 based on bonuses, odds and overall betting experience:
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: BOL1000 (Minimum Deposit: $55)
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: VEGASODDS (10x Rollover Requirement)
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: SB1000 (Minimum Deposit: $25)
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: VEGASODDS (3x to 10x Rollover Requirement)
- US Players Accepted
- Promo Code: ROOKIE100 (6x Rollover Requirement)
The betting options that are available in the UFC are staggering, but before punters can place a bet they must first find the perfect place to bet. The number of sportsbooks that are now offering odds on the upcoming UFC fights can be overwhelming, but punters shouldn’t look any further than these top five. As well as offering the best prices in the industry, they also have a comprehensive welcome offer and ensure that their players can learn how to bet on UFC fights in a safe and entertaining way.
How to Bet on Fights – The Basics
The UFC has now become an immediate challenger to boxing as the most popular form of combat action on the planet, and some expect the UFC to eclipse the once-famous sport over the next couple of years. The biggest drawing point to the sport is how explosive, intriguing, and dynamic the action in the octagon can be.
Unlike boxing, your eyes are totally fixated on the action going on in front of you. One move could change the whole course of the bout and could see a favored fighter on the floor trying to hold on. There have been countless glimpses throughout the history of the sport of just this happening, and those in attendance fall silent in amazement of what they have just seen.
In UFC, there are numerous ways for a fight to be won, and this is something that punters can bet on. Fights can be won by submission, KO/TKO, or decision. Certain fighters will be better placed to win by one of those methods, and that’s something to bear in mind when you’re learning about how to bet on UFC fights. The records of both fighters should be examined, and the style that they prefer should also be looked at.
The best thing about the UFC is that bouts can see wrestlers coming up against jiu-jitsu opponents, and it is intriguing to see how they shape up against one another. There are various things that punters should be aware of before placing a wager, and the bare minimum that they should be researching before a fight are the following:
- Understand Each Fighter – The most significant thing that punters should be aware of is the fighters that are taking to the octagon. The punter should know each style, record, and how many times have they gone the distance. All of these factors would give the punter an immediate insight into how a fight could develop. Should one of the fighters have been knocked out in their past three bouts, then the punter could make an educated bet that there could be something wrong with their preparation and would be hesitant to bet on them. Meanwhile, if one fighter has a terrible record against karate opponents, then this is something punters should also be aware of.
- Don’t Rule Out the Underdog – The world of UFC is an incredibly strange place, and upsets aren’t out of the question. Favorites in particular markets could be just that because they have home advantage or a lot of fans. Punters should be aware of their real talent in the octagon before just placing a bet on the fighter that they have heard of. For example, those who were beginning to learn how to bet on UFC fights before the Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. McGregor bout would have noticed that the Irishman was the heavy favorite. However, when they took to the octagon itself, McGregor couldn’t maintain his offense against such a talented opponent and was brutally submitted in the fourth. It is something that punters must be aware of.
- Location – We have briefly spoken about the location, and it doesn’t hold the same advantage as it does in boxing. The majority of massive UFC bouts come from Las Vegas, with a host of special events throughout the year coming from further afield. Swedish fighter Alexander Gustafson has fought in Stockholm twice in his career, and he went into both as the overwhelming favorite since he had home support. However, he lost both of these bouts. The most critical aspects for punters when they are learning how to bet on UFC fights are the form and styles. The location can be relevant, but it isn’t as important.
- Proposition Bets – One of the best ways to ensure maximum profit from UFC bets can be found in the proposition markets. Due to the array of ways that fights can end, there is great value to be had on realistic outcomes from the fight. The most popular of which is the punters’ ability to lay on a bet for the winner of the bout coupled with their method of victory. Should the adequate research have been completed, then this could be a fruitful avenue to punters.
- Find the Best Value – Punters shouldn’t settle for winning less on a winning bet. That means that they should do everything in their power to find the sportsbook with the best odds on UFC markets. The bookmakers that we mentioned previously are the best sites for those learning how to bet on UFC fights. They will have the best selection of markets and prices available to all customers.
The strategy when it comes to betting on the UFC is down to each individual punter. But these basic steps are the most critical and should be followed no matter whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro. Punters should also bet on the fighters that they know, and not begin to bet on fighters that they have no knowledge on. These punts would be ill-advised and uneducated bets and would more often than not be losing stakes.
Keeping it basic and not to complex is the best way to maximize returns when betting on the UFC. Don’t get carried away with the hype of fighters, and instead do the research that is needed to ensure a knowledgeable bet.
Best Types of Bets in UFC
Once the research has been conducted, and punters have made notes on each fighter, then they begin to examine the betting options that are available to them. The amount of markets that can typically be found when betting on the sport is staggering, which means there are numerous avenues for punters to go down to maximize their bets.
Some of these markets may be centered on the winning fighter, while others may revolve around the round in which the fight ends or the method in which a fighter wins by. Each market will require something different in order for the punt to be a winning one. Let’s examine some of the most common betting markets that you can expect to find.
- Moneyline – The Moneyline is the most popular bet with UFC. It is simply picking the winner against odds. No handicapping, no points, just the winner. The favorite pays out less than the underdog, so it is good to bet more evenly matched fighters.
- Futures – As with most futures, these can be complete wastes of time, and no serious gambler would touch them, especially a sport like UFC.
- Props – There are prop bets for everything, and they range from the ridiculous to the overly specific. Most prop bets are a waste of time, much like the futures. However, you can find a good prop bet here and there, so they are worth a look. Stick to the props that are fight specific. What round does the fighter go down? Is it a tap-out? Is it a knockout? These can be played with some confidence, and the odds you find will be very favorable.
- Round Betting – One of the most popular prop bets can be found in the round betting market. Here, the punter will simply have to place their stake on the winning fighter and the round in which they win the fight. The punter combines the two, and the returns can be huge should they predict the exact outcome.
- Fight Going Distance – One market that punters can wager on which doesn’t revolve around picking the winning fighter is the fight going the distance. This sees the punter lay their stake on either yes or no. The bet is a winning one depending on the selection chosen. If they have bet on yes, then the fight must go to the scorecards.
What Types of UFC Limits Do Offshore Sportsbooks Have?
When it comes to placing your first bet after learning how to bet on UFC fights, then it is important to start small before gradually increasing the stake. Not only this is the best way to maximize returns, but also the best way to fully understand the betting markets that you’re betting on. Not only will this ensure that you don’t lose as much in the short-term, but it could also be a long-term method of ensuring a profitable experience at the sportsbook.
However, each online sportsbook will have their own different limits on bets. These can range between anything, and it is always important to double-check what the respective sportsbook limit is. This is especially important if you’re planning to put down a significant bet. The very best UFC sportsbooks offer higher limits than most, which means the five that we have mentioned at the beginning will be suitable to everyone, including high-rollers.
Odds and Lines
The odds are the most critical factor when it comes to betting on the UFC, and punters shouldn’t settle for winning less. The process of finding the best odds is no longer as complex as it used to be as punters can use websites to find the best comparisons. However, the five that we have outlined at the beginning have the best odds, no matter on the fight taking place in the octagon. The worst part about being a punter is discovering that your winning bet could have returned more significant returns should you have betted elsewhere. However, that won’t be an issue if you use one of the five best sportsbooks for UFC betting.
The best sportsbooks release prices on UFC bouts as soon as they are announced. Once the fight has been given a date and time, then punters begin to wager. This could be the optimal time to ensure maximum profit on bets, as the odds will change. Not only this, but punters can bet on fights that haven’t been announced yet. This means punters can bet on fights such as McGregor vs. Khabib. The fight hasn’t been announced as of yet, but it is heavily expected to occur. Punters can maximize their returns on this bet, as the prices will be higher than they will be when it is unveiled.
What Type of Banking Options Are Available?
Online sportsbooks can stand out from the crowd with the selection of betting options that they offer. The very best sportsbooks cover every base, and therefore more punters will bet with them since they are flexible. The sportsbooks that we have mentioned cater to their customers’ needs by being dynamic on this front.
The most common banking options remain the credit/debit card method. However, all of the sportsbooks mentioned also allow deposits and withdrawals through bank transfers, and various e-wallets such as Neteller and PayPal. The amount of processing time that withdrawals can take depends on the method that has been selected by the punter. E-wallet withdrawals will be available in punters accounts within 24 hours, while card methods may take up to five days.
This modern era of sports betting has also seen sportsbooks branch out and allow unique payment methods to really stand out from the crowd. The most common that can be found is Bitcoin. This method of payment ensures that the sportsbook will stand out from the crowd and entice a brand new audience to bet with them. These sportsbooks that allow this payment method are taking one foot into the future, and it’s likely that a lot more will follow over the coming years.
Importance of Reliable Sportsbooks
There are so many sportsbooks promising that they are reliable in this modern era, and it’s important that punters ensure that the site that they bet on has adhered to a range of security measures. The most prominent of which should be the use of SSL encryption, which ensures that sensitive information is kept out of the hands of hackers. As well as this, sportsbooks should have the relevant licenses. This will ensure that punters are given the funds for winning bets and are given a fair chance of winning.
The support staff is also vital, and sportsbooks should ensure that they have a live chat function that offers the best possible service to their customers 24/7. As well as this, sportsbooks should offer an email address for more in-depth issues and an extensive FAQ section to assist customers that have common issues that they need to address.
Many of the best sportsbooks also now boast a variety of languages, which ensures their customers can have assistance in their native language to ensure there is no breakdown in communication. They will also offer an abundance of accepted currencies, which will ensure they don’t have to worry about conversion fees that may occur with their bank. These aspects improve customer satisfaction and ensure that the sportsbooks are reliable when players are betting on UFC fights.
Latest UFC Headlines
As the UFC 249 approaches, the anxiety of the fans rises. Tyron Woodley was in the center of attention today again, along with one old and one new face. Woodley Ready, Calls Out Colby We already wrote about the Khabib’s troubles and the fact that the UFC lightweight champion won’t be in the position to […]
The fight between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson has been canceled for the fifth time. The UFC 249 is without its original headliner. Nurmagomedov Stuck in Russia What many expected, and what was indicated for a long time, eventually happened. Khabib Nurmagomedov announced that he won’t be able to travel outside the Russian Federation and […]
Dustin Poirier offered his services for UFC 249. The American apparently wants a piece of Tony Ferguson, even though he didn’t have enough time to prepare himself the way he wanted to. Poirier’s Chance for a Comeback The 31-year old from Louisiana unexpectedly got a chance to jump back into the saddle, after losing to […]
Khabib vs Ferguson is supposed to be the headliner fight of the UFC 249. The date is supposed to be April 18, but the location of the event is not yet confirmed. Khabib Nurmagomedov is currently in Russia, a country that’s imposed a complete coronavirus lockdown. Khabib vs Ferguson might not happen on April 18 […]
Legendary MMA fighter got arrested for DUI this week This is one in the series of Jones’ troubles with the law Some sportsbooks are now offering Jon Jones props regarding his arrest One of the Jon Jones betting options at BetOnline.ag is that the fighter will get arrested at least one more time by the […]
Dana White stated yesterday that the UFC 249 is not going to be canceled, but that it might happen outside the US borders. White Looking for the Solution The UFC president clearly declared in his interview for SportsCenter that the super-fight between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson won’t be postponed or canceled. During his interview, […]
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, Cage Warriors 113 is now one of only a few sporting events happening this weekend. It will take place behind closed doors in Manchester, where it’s been moved from London. Nevertheless, this is one of the rare betting opportunities at the moment and if you want to give it a […]
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, a number of sports competitions have been canceled. One of the few events that will still take place despite the outbreak is Cage Warriors 113. The event, however, is going to be held behind closed doors. Date: March 20, 2020 Time: 11 a.m. (Eastern Time) Venue: O2, London, United Kingdom […]
UFC Fight Night 170 a.k.a. UFC on ESPN+ 28 is happening this weekend in Brazil. The headliner of the event is Lee vs Oliveira, but there are four other fights in the main card, together with seven preliminaries. Date: Saturday, March 14 Time: 8 p.m. (ET) Place: Brasilia, Brazil Where to Watch: ESPN+, UFC Fight […]
UFC 248 saw one fantastic, and one pretty lame fight last night in Las Vegas. Adesanya Retains the Title Following Poor Action The intensity of the booes following the fight might tell you everything regarding this event. The spectators started protesting early on, and that frustration carried on and grew as the match continued. Now, […]
UFC 248 draws an enormous amount of attention. And in the middle of it is the clash between Israel Adesanya and Yoel Romero. Table of Contents Adesanya vs. Romero PreviewAdesanya vs. Romero Betting OddsAdesanya Chasing FameRomero’s Last Chance to Take the Belt Adesanya vs. Romero Preview This is the bout for the UFC middleweight title, […]
UFC Fight Night 169: Benavidez vs Figueiredo is on this weekend at Chartway Arena in Norfolk, Virginia. There are five bouts in the main card, as well as seven preliminary fights, which you can watch on ESPN+. If you would like to bet on UFC Fight Night 169 Prelims, we are now going to provide […]